IGNORED

I didn't hurt it much Don!!

Yammer Dan

Been out playin on the 42 and thinking of ya bro.. The balancing act of using a foot clutch sure leans stronging toward those slow speed stalls like you experienced..

Little story hear to make you smile again...

Number of years ago I built a 69 Honda Chop, raked out an old Santee Soft Ride f (took about 1 1/4 inches out of the back bone and hung a 18 over Cali Springer on it.. GORGEOUS BUILD and a TON of fun to ride (I actually rode it to sturgis 3 times).. I got really really comfortable on it, could ride it on the back wheel,, heck I even trail rode believe it or not..

We have a "Blessing Of The Bikes" here in Baldwin Mi.. LOTS of bikes and TONS of none bikers sitting on the side of the road for 2 miles out of town..

I come pulling in on the Chop, showin off standing up on the Floor Boards riding like a trials bike.. Got right in front of a group of little kids with their parents,, waving at me to beat the bands,, doing about 1/10th mile an our - barely at a crawl.. About 1200 bikes behind and another 1200 in front of me, came to stop,, next thing I know I am laying on the ground with the bike on top of me.. I didnt realize that my stinkin pant leg had gone over the kick start lever so I couldnt put my foot down.. :rotf:

Heal fast my friend and soon,,, very soon we ride!!

Puc`

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too sore to get the thing turned around and pointed at the road again!! It really slammed me. I knew better than to try that hard to keep it up but just didn't want to see it hit the pavement!! No real damage to me I don't think but I hurt!! And I got to do close inspection on bike. Not a scratch except snapping that peg mount into. It done a good job alng with my foot under the bags!! Your story reminds me of one. I had a chopper years ago and was someplace (forget where) but there were some young ladies with very little clothes (must have been to poor to afford more) I was playing reving it up and trying to get attention when I got into that big chopper a little too much. Up on its back wheel all the way across that parking lot and barely got it down before meeting the side of building somebody stuck there!! I got it turned around and hear " Do IT Again!!" I don't think they understood the "You go to He** Bit**!!!" Sun is shining:crying: That old Military thing would be a keeper for me Puc. I got a slightly damaged 2nd Gen......:whistling: I may get booted for that one!!!:rotfl::rotfl:And I just paid my dues......:Avatars_Gee_George:

I'm too sore to get the thing turned around and pointed at the road again!! It really slammed me. I knew better than to try that hard to keep it up but just didn't want to see it hit the pavement!! No real damage to me I don't think but I hurt!! And I got to do close inspection on bike. Not a scratch except snapping that peg mount into. It done a good job alng with my foot under the bags!! Your story reminds me of one. I had a chopper years ago and was someplace (forget where) but there were some young ladies with very little clothes (must have been to poor to afford more) I was playing reving it up and trying to get attention when I got into that big chopper a little too much. Up on its back wheel all the way across that parking lot and barely got it down before meeting the side of building somebody stuck there!! I got it turned around and hear " Do IT Again!!" I don't think they understood the "You go to He** Bit**!!!" Sun is shining:crying: That old Military thing would be a keeper for me Puc. I got a slightly damaged 2nd Gen......:whistling: I may get booted for that one!!!:rotfl::rotfl:And I just paid my dues......:Avatars_Gee_George:

I highly doubt their gonna boot cha bro,, after all,, how would it look for a Harley rider to boot a faithful Venture rider off a Yamaha Venture site... I mean,, after all,, its not like you wrecked the Harley riders bike or nuttin :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Brother I can SOOOOOO relate,, when I was racing MX someone was always putting haybales in my way, Hare Scamblin someone was always putting trees in my way,, bar hoppin on my 73 650 Yam Chop - just like you,, those girlys who couldnt afford to fully clothe themselves were always putting garbage cans/car doors and guard rails in front of me, reason the kids named me "Cowpuc" was cause cows were always putting pucky in the way when they rode cross country with me (gotta give them mooo cows a break though - we did a lot of traveling on their "trails")..

Fortunately I have never broken my head bone like you (tap myself on the head to "knock on wood") so I still have pertneeer all the marbles I was bored wit.. :rotf::rotf:

My "Warden" has givin me the thumbs up on hangin onto that little 42 War Bike.. I have about 12 hours of ride time on it now, am getting the hang of it (you would love it Dan, its like starting all over again as a kid with your first minibike).. I love riding it at night (carharts, balacalva and snowmobile gloves),, if people cant see what I am riding they cant bug me.... :backinmyday:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::doh:

me too Stardog, me too :rotf::rotf::rotf:

His statement really explains a lot,,, first time I met Dan I said "are you YammerDan".. He stares off into the crowd and starts pointing at other people,, now that I think about it, he pointed 4 times,, as if to say "no I am over there' "nooo,, over there".. Kinda like you would expect from someone looking for 4 fragments :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

me too Stardog, me too :rotf::rotf::rotf:

His statement really explains a lot,,, first time I met Dan I said "are you YammerDan".. He stares off into the crowd and starts pointing at other people,, now that I think about it, he pointed 4 times,, as if to say "no I am over there' "nooo,, over there".. Kinda like you would expect from someone looking for 4 fragments :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I'm still looking for him. He owes me money...... I was in jail with him.:mugshot:

I think I'm going to live!!! Got the Scoot pointed at the road again. Wrist and ankle complained a little but they ought to be used to it. I guess a few caught that I was on the way back in the garage when I dropped it. Yeah you didn't think I was going to leave it sitting that long and not ride it did ya?? I'm still trying to compare them and hate to disappoint some but 1st Gen is still ahead!! I can go

HI OH SILVER!!! ALL THAT TIME BEHIND BARS I GOT TO GO!!!

Dan happy that your moving along better and that you not giving up on silver Dan getter done

Should have seen me riding midnight home first thing I did after take off is crap where are the pegs then dawned on me floor boards dummy lol legs dangling everywhere that's hard for this fat boy lol

Dan happy that your moving along better and that you not giving up on silver Dan getter done

Should have seen me riding midnight home first thing I did after take off is crap where are the pegs then dawned on me floor boards dummy lol legs dangling everywhere that's hard for this fat boy lol

Fat Boy,,, hmmmmm,, I am totally lost here again,, I thought you were back on a Midnight Yam there Buddy,,, oh wellll,, certainly not the 1st time one of you yahoo's has pulled the wool over my eyes... :confused24:

Word of advice there my friend,, depending on the year of your Fat Boy your gonna wanna keep a close eye on the cam chain tensioners.. Well worth the time if ya ask me,,, I love them ol Fat Boys,, one of the coolest bikes HD ever made in my opinion...

Hey Dan,, glad everything is headed in the right direction down yonder,, save some fried chicken for me will ya...

Puc

Fat Boy,,, hmmmmm,, I am totally lost here again,, I thought you were back on a Midnight Yam there Buddy,,, oh wellll,, certainly not the 1st time one of you yahoo's has pulled the wool over my eyes... :confused24:

Word of advice there my friend,, depending on the year of your Fat Boy your gonna wanna keep a close eye on the cam chain tensioners.. Well worth the time if ya ask me,,, I love them ol Fat Boys,, one of the coolest bikes HD ever made in my opinion...

Hey Dan,, glad everything is headed in the right direction down yonder,, save some fried chicken for me will ya...

Puc

assuming your joking here

Yes I have a Midnight fatboy is me but at times I do feel like a HD lol

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I think the Fat Boy Buddy is referring to is not the bike but the one on the bike!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: That was some good fried chicken!! What was the name of that place??:think:

Dannnnn,,, you just unsalted one of my friends,,, better nock it off...:stickpoke:

assuming your joking here

Yes I have a Midnight fatboy is me but at times I do feel like a HD lol

Indeed Buddy,, I was just :stirthepot: setting a trap for YammerDan to come along and fall into,,:rotf:

Hope I aint on the other side of Karma again,, I hate when that happens:whistling:

I been Had!!!:Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot:

:rotf:

Dan O',, dont cha meerember your parents, sunday school teachers, school teachers, neighbors, mentors, police officers, bar tenders, drill instructors and probably even the "warden" telling ya over and over again,,,, "ya gotta be careful who you associate with"?? :confused24:

Oh well,, dont feel bad brother,, I got whooped over and over again for harrassing my 5 sisters and 1 brother,,, I still became me too:backinmyday:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 2004 Kawasaki Concours a few yrs ago when my riding skills were really rusty. I dropped it turning into the driveway one day and I let it go. Second time I was pulling into a parking space in the Everglades national Park and dropped it. I was determined to keep it up but only succeeded in pinning my foot under the bike and it broke my second metatarsal. Only one other car was there so there was a person to help get the bike off me. No way I could get it off my foot by myself. Then a couple of weeks sitting at my desk at work combined with my age and I had blood clots in my lower leg. Took blood thinners for 4 months. So let it go when it has to. Trying to save it just causes more grief.

I started to hurt when i got to the pictures. The dumbest stuff happens under 10 MPH! Thanks for the reminder.... I have a killer driveway too. Least you did it early enough to heal all the way up and get back out there at 100%.