IGNORED

First ride for the season...

Stache

It's finally spring-like enough in eastern Newfoundland to risk getting the bikes out. My 4 bikes overwinter in an 8-12 unheated shed. Batteries are indoors on a maintainer.

This was to be the weekend! Saturday was icky, but Sunday looked more promising. Laundry and chores, visiting family ate the morning, but the afternoon looked good. Cooked and ate lunch, then headed out to the shed.

And it started raining. Close up the shed and head in for more chores.

Rain stops, bright sunshine. Son and I go push the bikes out and reinstall the batteries. All 4 start no problem. Ride each to the end of the driveway and park. Now its time to cook supper.

Supper's been had, so I grab my jacket and helmet and head out for a real ride. Look at the thermometer - outside temp has dipped below freezing, so there's risk of ice. Ride cancelled.

My first ride of the year totalled 160 FEET on 4 bikes. Sure hope this season gets better.

:mustache:

New Jersey weather has been ok. I've love it. I haven't stopped riding, just stopped using they heated gear.

Beautiful for mesh, and light gloves. Tonight I have to put her away. We are expecting a lot of rain. But ill think of her all day abd take her back out on Wednesday

Drizzle or steady light rain is ok, but underwear drenching, flash flooding rains are not cool

160 feet is about 156 more feet than I got in this weekend.

My bike is stuffed into an 8 x 10 steel shed along with all of the yard tools and STUFF.

So to work on it I get to push it back about 2 feet to have room to get it up on the center stand and have room to work on the front end of it. Then at the end of the day I get to climb on, fire it up and ride it the 2 feet back into the corner of the shed so I can get the door closed. So I got in 2 rides of 2 feet each this weekend.

160 feet is about 156 more feet than I got in this weekend.

My bike is stuffed into an 8 x 10 steel shed along with all of the yard tools and STUFF.

So to work on it I get to push it back about 2 feet to have room to get it up on the center stand and have room to work on the front end of it. Then at the end of the day I get to climb on, fire it up and ride it the 2 feet back into the corner of the shed so I can get the door closed. So I got in 2 rides of 2 feet each this weekend.

Hey I beat by about 10 feet this saturday. :cool10::whistling:

Got to ride bike out of garage on driveway to wash it and then another 10 feet drive to get it back in.....But man it was exciting:Laugh:

Could have gone out but still too much crud on the roads this week. Looks like Easter weekend will the official start of season date for me.:thumbsup:

:canada:

My first ride of the year totalled 160 FEET on 4 bikes. Sure hope this season gets better.

:mustache:

hear ya, haven't moved a foot yet. yesterday and today's 70*F over this way, shoulda been right on it. Got caught up in winterizing/dewinterizing stuff, you know how that goes.

Calling for mid 50's later this week, itching to get out for a first run.