IGNORED

One mans junk is another man's treasure, especially if talking Ventures

cowpuc

Our friend FlyinFool finally stopped sending all his snow over to Michigan long enough for me to drag the 87 parts bike I scrounged back in January out and play with it a little.. Looks like a good beginning!!

Here is a short video of how some of the play time went..:stirthepot:

And then I thought I would drag you all along on a test ride,, no brakes, holding the camera in my left hand,, out soakin it up... Yeeeeehawwwwww... :rotf:

Enjoy!!!

Puc

Bike sounds good. It may just take working thru each system and fix each of the problems. Kind of sounds like Jardines to me. To me, with Jardines, they sound a lot like a small block Chevy with glasspacks.

This looks like it would make a great project bike that you could get some good miles on.

RandyA

LMAO! Puc your as goofy as they come! The bike sounded good with those aftermarket mufflers. I have a set of them on my '86, Mac's or Jardines I believe. Looks like a good project for you, good luck with it

:thumbsup2:

So my brother in law brings a Honda Spree over to my shop years ago.. Says the motor is locked up, he took it to the Honda shop and they told him 900 bucks to tear it down and fix it.. Asks if I would take a quick peek at it and tell him what to do.. Noticed the oil tank was empty.. Asked his permission to fix it my way,,, says go ahead - I am just gonna toss it cause I aint gonna put 900 bucks in it.. Drained the gas, pulled the mirrors, pulled the battery, pulled the plug and flipped it upside down.. Hooked the battery back up, hit the started and pumped all the oil that had drained into the crankcase out into a pan.. Flipped it back over, put it back together, put some raw gas into the topend, let it spin a little to dry it out.. Plug in and started her up.. Took off down our road,, smoke just a billowing for a block or so, then it ran perfect..

My brother in law says,, you had the same goofy look on your face riding that moped as you have on any of your custom bikes you have built.. Your just a goofy little kid at heart who found a way to make a living off your goofyness... His kid rode that little spree for three more years..

Bottom line Squid,, that aint the first time (or probably the last) that I have heard those words :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I sure wish I could hear that noise again........

But it is going to snow here tonight, I'll ship some right over for you......:rasberry::duck:

Your fightin a losin battle FF, I can feel it in my bones... :stickinouttounge:

For the noise I would pull the back wheel,, could be the final clutch spline be worn out.

Could very well be Carl,, certainly something sloppy in there.. It makes no noise while running thru the gears but up on the center stand spinning the rear wheel it sure sounds loose.. I will let you guys know what I find when I rip her down...

Wow, I think I may want to get a first gen sister for my second gen. If they can turn an old "wise" man into a crazy old man, I would like to see what it could do for me.

Love the second video. You are nuts...with all due respect.

Puc, A prime example of living life without fear,

Test ride, No brakes, No clutch, holding a camera in one hand, no helmet, dodging Ice Burgs.

You-da-man

Pull the rear wheel check the fluid and gears in the final drive pumpkin. A word of warning, pulling the rear drive out of the middle gear is no problem, Lining it back up is a B!tch and takes two people. I had to replace the rear pumpkin on my 1st gen. Also the rear pumpkin splines to rear wheel do get worn. Be sure to check that.

Have fun with the project.

Your fightin a losin battle FF, I can feel it in my bones... :stickinouttounge:

Could very well be Carl,, certainly something sloppy in there.. It makes no noise while running thru the gears but up on the center stand spinning the rear wheel it sure sounds loose.. I will let you guys know what I find when I rip her down...

We'll see......:snow2:

I'm don't want to know how your bones feel.....:scared:

When you say it sounds loose on the center stand are you talking about running it in gear while on the center stand or just moving it by hand?

cowpuc I'm glade to see I'm not the only one who does things like that!!! :whistling: Your 87 is like the 86 VR I'm working on!! Mines a $400 parts bike that is getting a new life!! Sat for 11 years before I rescued it from sitting in a back yard. :stickpoke:

Don't count if you don't comment!!!
I'll try to do better tomorrow.. I'm going into overtime and they don't like that, It is a very very very bad thing to go into overtime.

What am I saying I'm off work tomorrow and I'm sure I can find something better to do.... I'll try again on Monday

We'll see......:snow2:

I'm don't want to know how your bones feel.....:scared:

When you say it sounds loose on the center stand are you talking about running it in gear while on the center stand or just moving it by hand?

Either way Jeff,, on the stand if I spin it it makes that distinct "clunk" sound if I roll it back and forth real quick with my hand,, if I run it in gear up on the stand it will do the same thing as the rear wheel looses force from the engine.. Somethings tired in there...

Nice to see that silly smiling face:big-grin-emoticon:

HI ANNIE!!! Great to hear from you too!!! As you can tell if you watched either of my vids - still as silly as ever!!! :dancefool:

Glad to hear its cooling down a little down there!!!:thumbsup2:

Puc

Thought maybe Dragonslayer had a flat tire or something!!! He's going BUMP..BUMP...BUMP all over the forum!!!!! :whistling: :stickpoke:

And everybody keeps calling me goofy/nuts/crazy/silly,,,,, "What About Bob",,, baby steps,, baby steps,,, baby steps,,,,, ahhhhhh never mind,, it doesnt work.... Bump it again just for me Dragonslayer:rotf::rotf: