IGNORED

Utopia Back Rest

Keysyrider

Mines a Utopia also. I like the adjustability of it. It can be raised or lowered to some degree and also the position forward can be adjusted to push your back a little straighter etc. Don't really know about the others, Grasshopper and I think diamond R

Another happy Utopia owner. Diamond R offers another choice as well. I prefer the mounting system of the Utopia model because you can remove the pillion seat if needed without having to take off the backrest. I think it is a stronger bracket due to bolting directly to the bikes frame too.

Larry

I had a Utopia on my 98 for about 93,000 miles, I liked it so well it was the first accessory I put on my Venture when I got it, I would not ride without it.

No need to cut the seats as long as you have stock seats, I am not sure about the after market seats. Only thing you have to do is chase out a couple holes to make them large enough to accept the mounting bolts as I recall.

Like Steve said, have to make a couple of holes bigger, takes seconds,,,, don't drill your fender.

I have the Ultimate seat pack on my RSTD with backrest. Wouldn't do without.

But I put a used Utopia on my RSV and,, not as fond of it. I keep it in case I do a long solo ride but it's off for now. Main problem is wife has a harder time getting on/off the back seat when it's on. Also, the pillow seats on the RSV give you more of a butt stop than saddle seats and that is pretty sufficient for me.

One up for the utopia. The rsv and rstd mounting brackets are different, as per application. I do have an extra with both brackets I kept of the last bike trade with all the other accessories that I have duplicated through the trades.

Bill:cool10:

Thanks for all the advice. I had a utopia on my Gold Wing so I am familiar with it. I phoned Linda today and mine is being made and I'll have it in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing how the new Venture works out for me.

I bought a trailer hitch, a Stebel air horn, an LED tail light bar, and now a Utopia back rest. I have my GPS hooked up and in a few days, when it arrives, I'll have my Gerbing controller installed. That's all I can think of that this bike needs. Oh ya, I have had the gearing changed in the final drive also.

It's the first day of Spring and once the snow is gone I'll be ready!

Edited by Keysyrider