IGNORED

We got a great ride in today

Venturous Randy

In the last week of Sept, Linda and I had a tip over that injured my ribs. A week later she had a mild heart attack and ended up having a double bypass. Fortunately, we have both healed up pretty good.

In the last month I have been able to get in a couple of rides solo of 30 to 40 miles. The bike ran and felt good but I don't enjoy riding solo as much as I used to. A couple days ago we were being told that today we were supposed to see temps in the low 70's. I told Linda that I was planning to take a ride today and she asked if she could go with me. We were able to get in about a 140 mile ride and it was beautiful. At one time near Hot Springs, NC, we saw 78 degrees on the thermometer. It felt like a summer day. I should have taken my camera with me as we had some absolutely beautiful views.

I was a bit apprehensive about having Linda on the bike, but it just made me even more careful. We encountered some loose gravel at several intersections from the snow and ice we had, but we did OK. She has said several times how much she enjoyed our ride.

I know this does not help you folks from the great white north feel any better, but believe it or not, it won't be long for you to do this also.

RandyA

Thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow. Hopefully it will get the crap off the roads. We've had our share of snow but right now it's the piles of salt that have my attention. My bikes are still hibernating in the garage and I'm chompin' at the bit.

Au Contraire Monsieur,,, your ride report did WONDERS for this ol stuck in the snow Great White North buddy of yourn!!!!! OUTSTANDING RANDY!!!!!! :thumbsup:

When I read 78 degrees,,,, I almost started crying and than I screamed YES,,,, loud enough that Tippy almost spilled her soup!!!!:cool10:

Glad the two of you are feeling better!!! I bet that bike ride chased away any residual stuff from last year!!!:backinmyday:

Just thinkin out loud here,, forum rules are,, no pics - didnt happen,,,,, but not in your case,,,, still would have been nice,,, but thats ok cause if I would have been in your shoes the LAST thing on my mind would have been fiddling with a camera,, Tippy n I would have sucked every tiny little morsel of ride time up too..... :backinmyday: