IGNORED

First Ride of The Year.... FINALLY!!!

Wade 2000

It has been a rough winter but we finally got some sunshine for a couple days here. I dug Scarlett out of the garage washed and polished the 4 1/2 months of dust off, ( I couldn't believe it had been that long) and took a 30 mile run. There was a lot of sand and grit in the intersections and curves, the temp was about 40 deg but it took the edge off.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 60+deg I'm hoping to get a couple hundred miles in. :fingers-crossed-emo

I hope to see you on the trail.:Venture:

OUTSTANDING!! :thumbsup:

Lets see here,, last I checked Wade, Ohio is connected to the bottom corner of Michigan and that means that 60 degree weather will be knockin on our back door!!! And that my friend means INDEED,, you may very well see us ON THE TRAIL SOON!!!:fingers-crossed-emo

Ride safe out there!

Puc

It has been a rough winter but we finally got some sunshine for a couple days here. I dug Scarlett out of the garage washed and polished the 4 1/2 months of dust off, ( I couldn't believe it had been that long) and took a 30 mile run. There was a lot of sand and grit in the intersections and curves, the temp was about 40 deg but it took the edge off.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 60+deg I'm hoping to get a couple hundred miles in. :fingers-crossed-emo

I hope to see you on the trail.:Venture:

I second that about the sand and grit. Got out for the first time today and was surprised by the amount of both, and throw in lots of loose gravel for added measure. Be careful out there!

Not before a couple of gully washer rains will I take mine out, I don't like salt...

Oh yea,,,, our ol beat up 1st Genny LOVES the stuff,,, broke 125 fully loaded on solid salt and was beggin for more,,,, wish I was back there instead of stuck in this snow bank!!! :cool10:

Likewise on this end...finally got the chance to ride to work and to the gym. I will for sure ride to work again tomorrow. Temps around 60° and I am looking forward to it. After Tuesday, the bike will need a good wipe down. I opened him up on the interstate and it ran well.

Ride Safe.

Puc, those pictures look too much like snow to me.

RandyA

Randy it's funny you mention that, I have spent a fair amount of time ice racing and winter time dirt biking thru the years,,, using Kold Kutters (hardened screws with sharp edges) of course.. Riding a five gear wheelie on lake ice on my KX500 was NO problem with screws in the tires.. When I was younger and being from Michigan biking actually was just as much fun during the winter as in the summer - it was that serious!

Out on the salt flats I was completely out of my Michigan born element.. While flying across the Bonneville at high speeds on the Yam I kept having flash backs of being on the lakes and racing in snow, I LITERALLY had to keep reminding myself that I was on salt - not ice - and didnt need those screws .. It was really a freaky feeling brother!!!