IGNORED

Professional Polishing Service

coop

Hey Guys,

Does anyone here provide a polishing service?

I wouldn't want to take any ones gig away so I want to ask first.

If not I may want to offer the service here.

Give me some feedback and if there is some interest I will get some ballpark pricing together over the next week or so.

Here's an idea of the quality of work I am talking about.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/bobn/CopyofDSC01696.jpg

hey guys,

that wheel is polished not chromed.... the black spokes were sanded smooth then the whole wheel polished. That would be an example of the quality of workmanship.

no sealing would be done.... you could however clear the part, A little maint is required... just a hand polishing every year or 2. That of course is if the bike is kept in a garage.

that wheel was done aprox 5years ago. It's been hand polished twice. I don't have a close up available at the moment but here's a picture of my bike and the wheel hasn't been touched in over a year. Hmmmm really hard to see it....I'll see if I have a recent close up tomorrow

Bob

We just use Mothers Chrome & Aluminum polish on our rides, Nothing But the Best:thumbsup2:

Now you know I wouldn't pick at anybody but have you tried the old Turtle Wax Chrome Polish??? This stuff is hard to beat. I've used the Mothers but it seems it came in second or third when I was doing a bunch of old parts. The Turtle Wax Chrome stuff cuts away rust and crud. Those wheels would take a little more than that...:whistling: I have a good extra wheel.....I could do that.:think:

Hey Guys....

Ok looks like we have some interest. I'll get some pricing together over the next week or so.....I have a lot of things going on right now.

Yes Aluminum parts.....s/s can be done as well. I've attached a piece I made (Radiator Cap Cover) to match my pulley's on my show truck. This was just air craft aluminum.... machine turned / milled....then polished out..... you can see yourself in it.

Yammer....that stuff is great for polishing up some old chrome. This involves wet sanding from 400 down to 1000 / 2000 grit and polishing using large bench mounted buffers and different grades of rouge.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/bobn/Rear%20Bed%20Build/Engine%20Bay%20Build/2010_1215Breaker0023.jpg

I would buy an extra one to have this done Boomer !!!

Jonas who zez daz Boomer neeeeeedz to have diz !

Ahhhhhh....I wish I had the funds to buy an extra set of wheels but living onna fixed income is no easy job these days.....sigh.

Boomer....who sez if he got a Senator or Congressman's Retirement Pay he would not have to think about robbing Banks wit de Pygmies.

Rutman

I need to work up some consistant pricing and have been on my lids all weekend.... smashed up the car last night to boot. Arrrggg, So I have my hands full at the moment.

I'll get back to you guys. The shipping might kill this.....especially on the wheels.

I'd like to get going on that neck chrome set so I'm gona bump the thread.

Thanks for the interest

Coop

• 1 month later...