IGNORED

Miata no more

buddy

Some of you know I sold my bikes and bought a 2000 Miata LS to go on trips and meets

Well needless to say with my knees it was getting hard to clutch and Peg never really got the hang of the 5 speed so we decided to move to an automatic so we looked for another Miata but never found anything we or I liked! So we went with this car instead it's been at the dealer for some time due to the fact he wanted way over book so now he dropped the price lower than He gave on trade in to move it off his lot needless to say Peg knows the owner of this car one owner pristen condition look like it came of show room floor with just 32,000 miles

So after some dealing we traded the miata in on it

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Pretty color too. when we were looking at sports cars last year, as much as Don and I love shifting, we kept going back to auto shift...like you...easier on the knees. Young folks won't understand that I think, LOL!!!

Can't wait to see you, Peg and the Solstice. Drive safe!

Kinda looks like an enclosed motorcycle. BTW, I've had a convertible in one form or another for at least 30 years. Enjoy them in their own right. The ultimate decadence is top down on a really warm day with the AC on full arctic setting.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

I also love convertibles.Bought a 1983 dodge 400 convertible in 1985.At 289,000 miles the transmission went out and I sold the car ang bought a 1999 Porsche boxter with 38000 one owner miles on it..Good deals are out there so you just need to shop around.

I don't know why Mazda never put the V-6 in the Miata. They are a bit tight for a small block Chevy, but you can put a small block Ford engine in them. That would have been more of a "man's" car to me.

When I put a 350 Chevy in my 240Z back in 79, it was like Datsun had designed the car for a V-8. It was a little tight in some places, but still fit. I put 156,000 miles on that car with a 350 and later a 327.

RandyA

Yes the Solstice has better lines and after test driving I fell in love with it the seats are so comfy and mold to my fat rear lol

Besides with this 2.0L Turbo it's plenty fast for me ! Found out don't floor it doing 60 mph because it broke the tires loose talk about pucker up boy did I ever lol

And Peg thought she was at NASCAR behind the wheel she's worse than me another pucker up for me she let off the gas when she noticed she was over 110 mph in a heart beat it's that fast!! good thing we was on a good road with no one in sight for miles

Will say this been test driving police units for 12 yrs and this Solstice caught me off guard for being a four cylinder

When J.R. & Cindy owned it he may had it bump up to 290hp instead of standard 260hp Peg going to chk tomorrow at work

Its a sharp looking ride, no doubt.

I'm curious Buddy why something like a Stallion Trike wasnt on your shortlist?

Possibly cost...but dang...at least its almost a bike!

http://www.motortrike.com/trikeThoroughbredStallion.aspx

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/BRONCO-BOB/STALLIONTRIKE.jpg

Brian guess I'm getting old lol

Reason I went with a convertible is when it rains or hot or cold weather I can put the top up and due to my knees getting worse I won't have far to fall out of the car lol

As of now I'm on light duty due to my left calf is swollen up spending more time at my desk than turning wrenches now days 7 more yrs I can retire from the city