IGNORED

Out of respect for the mighty Yamaha Venture...

cowpuc

Been thinkin,,,, that crazy YammerDan has picked on, been disrespectful to and down right antagonistic toward that gorgeous new bike he bought... Why just the other day I heard him mention that he hasnt even named the poor thing yet....:confused24:

So, here's what I propose... We, the family of VR, being of sound mind(s) and good judgement do hereby begin a quest of NAMING YAMMERDAN's BIKE.. We submit names, decide which one we like and than, get this,,, no matter what he eventually names his new bike WE promise between us that we will ALWAYS address his bike with OUR name not his.. :rotf::rotf:

Sound like fun???:lightbulb:

Because I thought of it I will go first:

Sweeter than sugar

Not Broke Dont Fix

"Chance" as in Gimmie a chance

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey Puc....how do you keep that thing from falling now?

Needs those [sIG] blocks to hold up that map....

:stickpoke:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Hey Puc....how do you keep that thing from falling now?

Needs those [sIG] blocks to hold up that map....

:stickpoke:

Good one brother Brian!!! I did the east coast out to Nova Scotia to the Bay of Fundy years ago, now I need to scoot up to B.C. (maybe this year :fingers-crossed-emo),, than I can post Canadian "hangers" to hang it from,,, lot of weight in those miles of smiles for sure!!!

Heyyyy, how is the riding down near Roswell, San Antonio and south west Texas during late May/early June... Thinkin of getting out of here earlier than I normally do for summer touring,, all this snow is making me mighty itchy for some road time!!!!!

Guest tx2sturgis

Heyyyy, how is the riding down near Roswell, San Antonio and south west Texas during late May/early June... Thinkin of getting out of here earlier than I normally do for summer touring,, all this snow is making me mighty itchy for some road time!!!!!

The May-June time frame here normally has been the 'severe weather' season....but since we've been in drought conditions for the last 4 years, we dont see much of that the last several years. Here in tornado alley, it takes moisture (from the Gulf of Mexico) to make hail, rain, and tornados...and we've just been too dry out here in the flats.

If you can ride down here and do any kind of 'rain dance' it would sure be appreciated!

Roswell is a bit higher and drier...San Antonio is mostly in line with what one would call average or normal weather...more or less. Which means more or less normal rains, heat, and humidity. They are kindve on the edge of the defined 'drought zone'...so things could change either way.

What this means for a rider out here on the flat plains is that the temps will probably be above normal most of the time...and windy, and the scenery wont be lush and green...it will more likely be brown and dusty in most places out here in the southwest. There are a few exceptions here and there of course.

If you have traveled out here then you know the drill...check the weather often...severe storms (if we get our gulf moisture) are NO fun if you’re out in the middle of nowhere on a bike!

Over on the Ural forum, there is a ride/meet-n-greet/campout shaping up in southern New Mexico in early June...near Cloudcroft, Timberon, and that area. At those elevations, nights will be cool, but daytime rides should be great. I'm listed as a 'possible' for that event...

Anyone is welcome of course, to join in or just stop by. There will be some pavement rides along with some off-pavement excursions...should be fun on the Ural! :happy34:

Just in case you want to see a drought map:

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/data/jpg/current/current_usdm.jpg

Edited by tx2sturgis

Reliable

Out of all the bikes in his garage, it's the only one that's guaranteed to run...:stirthepot:

Its also the only one that has never made it back out of the garage to actually run.....:stickpoke:

I was thinking more like Sweet Nothing. Or just the Queen in case Garage Queen is to long.

Reliable

Out of all the bikes in his garage, it's the only one that's guaranteed to run...:stirthepot:

That went down the tubes when I tried to ride it and Flooded it. Took "Brown Sugar"

HEY! I did ride it!! From off the road where we unloaded it to the garage!! And a complete lap around the 50' garage....:whistling:

Its also the only one that has never made it back out of the garage to actually run.....:stickpoke:

I was thinking more like Sweet Nothing. Or just the Queen in case Garage Queen is to long.

Jeff,

It's only a garage queen because Dan wants her to be...

He's sadistic that way...:stickpoke:

A more fitting title for her would be Flagship , as in "the Flagship of VentureRider.org"