IGNORED

Best Riding Jeans ?

Jimbob66

I wanted to get opinions on the best Kevlar lined riding jeans.

I've used Levis for the last 40 years :backinmyday: and have also shredded a few pairs. I won't use the body armor even if I had it. I've tried it and the comfort factor is not worth it to me. So I have reasoned a good pair of Kevlar lined jeans is a decent compromise.

When I do ride it's usually on longer trips so my main interest (other than saving my skin) is comfort. I'm also interesting in hearing from folks that have had the unfortunate experience of testing the jeans during a slide.

Been looking at Draggin' and Diamond Gusset. Any others I should consider?

Thanks !

I use Brosh http://www.brosh.com/ jeans from Israel. have 3 pairs and have been alternating them for 10 years - none show signs of wear yet. Total of 90,000 street miles over the 10 years. Even though they are in Israel they are easy to do business with. I had a friend that ordered a pair that were too big and the exchange was a breeze. The will put Kevlar into YOUR jeans for you. Best of both worlds!

I highly recommend Brosh.

VentureFar...

I have had the Diamond Gusset Defender biking jeans and love them, They are comfortable and fit right and I like the velcro closure at the ankle so the pantleg isnt open to flap and allow insects up into....

In fact I like Diamond gusset jeans so well, that I only buy their jeans now in the regular styles. Great product.

Brian

Guest tx2sturgis

I own three pairs of Diamond Gusset Kevlar biker jeans and they are pretty serious jeans. They are a bit toasty in hot weather...and a tad stiff...but thats the price to pay for protection.

I dont wear them as often as I should....

:happy34:

I have 4 pair of Diamond Gusset and 4 pair of Draggin Jeans. I prefer the Diamond Gusset because they have the velcro cuff on them to keep the pants from riding up in the wind and, in my opinion, more comfortable than DJ jeans. The Draggin Jeans are not as comfortable a fit because the kevlar on the knees have a tendency to rub my skin just above the kneecap when I do any long walks in them. I don't wear them when I have to do a lot of walking in them.

But, I ALWAYS wear them when I am on the bike. If you have ever had road rash on your legs or arms, you will spend the $100 for these jeans, just so you don't have to think about ever having road rash again.

Jim

I have a pair of DJ which saved my knee in a slow downer once. Need to get the jean material sewn back up as the Kevlar is OK.

It still burned the knee some.

Wife bought me some Bohn Armor for Christmas.

That should take care of injuries even more. Waitin' for it to warm up to try it out!

Motorcycle Consumer News reported Sliders as the best buy. So I got several pair, kevlar lined in the butt, knees and down the sides. They come in blue jeans, black and cargo for $80. Not as cool in the summer as I would like as the kevlar lets little air thru. I took a spill last spring, didn't rip or tear. I like them.