IGNORED

Question on batteries.

Yammer Dan

K-Mart here has a Die-Hard Gold with a acid pac? Is this a AGM? They have a couple right now for 58 bucks. If this is a AGM I probally should grab one??:think:

I would say it is not an AGM. Link is to K-Mart web page for gold battery and no mention of AGM.

Gary

http://www.kmart.com/diehard-gold-automotive-battery-group-size-65-price/p-082W839960888180P?prdNo=33&blockNo=33&blockType=G33

If it doesn't say "AGM" or "Absorbed Glass Mat" somewhere on the battery or on the carton, I would assume it is not AGM. AGM is a good selling point for an informed consumer, so if it is an AGM, you can bet the manufacturer or retailer will tout that point.

Kinda like when you can't find a country of origin on an item; it is a sure bet it ain't made in the USA. Who wouldn't emblazen their packaging with "Made in USA" (or Made in Canada) if it was made in the US? Things made in China, on the other hand, sometimes don't say where the item is made.

I left out most important point!! Carton claims AGM but it has acid pac. With Die_Hards rep this could be great deal at 58 bucks??I know most AGM's come sealed but don't some come with acid pac??:think:

There was a thread on here about a month or two ago that discussed acid packs & AGM batteries.

Gary

If you are looking at their power sports batteries, they offer 4 , the two lowest priced ones do not mention AGM, the two higher priced ones have AGM listed in the specs and even mention why AGM is better for power sport applications.

My guess is if the spec sheet or description does not say AGM then they are not AGM.

All four come with acid packs that you install after purchase and then seal with the special caps they provide.

i dought you will ever find a agm battery for 58 acid baterry yes but agm no the cheapest i have found one so far is 94 on a web site and 101.99 local in stock or 120. from skydoc_17 but in my case i cant wait a week for a battery i now have to jump start the bike every time it sits for more than 3 hrs and have to keep the jump box hooked up while plugged in to charge it back up the cold is indeed a murderer it killed my 1 yr old acid filled battery

This is slightly off subject, I have a new battery that was just purchased and I tried to pull the water sensor plug out in order to do some cleaning. The plug is so tight the plastic portion is stretching rather than coming out. Now my question, has this ever happened to anyone else? If so , what was the outcome, break the plug, break the battery, dead battery, or whatever? Obviously a new plug is in order. Seems like I try to fix one thing and I end up creating another thing to take care of. I suppose I am not alone with that. Anyway, what do I do now?

Get a DEKA, also Harley Dealers sell them !! there own brand name,

DO NOT , buy an AGM made in China (( long story but I got took ))

A DEKA, is made in the USA !!

AGM's have higher CCA rateings, they cost more, About $100.00, but are worth the money.

AGM's Normally hold betwen 12.6 to 12.9 Volts !!

I currently have an 8 year old Odyssey in my Busa, still going strong.

I currently have an 7 year old Odyessy as #2 on my RSTD, still going strong.

Call " Condor " he always knows where the best place is to order a DEKA !!!

What is the difference between the AGM and other battery that we can get for these bikes? I was under the impression that it should be a sealed battery but don't know anything else about them. I need to get a new one for the bike so thought I would ask.:confused24:

The best way to describe it is AGM's have more balls to them (more oomph)...

These Die-Hard Gold batteries at my K-Mart are plainly marked AGM. But they have a acid pac to be put into them. If I grabbed one of these and put it on shelf how long could I keep it?? Thought I would keep for shop battery. I already have a couple for that use just trying o save some bucks. 58 bucks for a Die-Hard Gold AGM??? I think I will.

These Die-Hard Gold batteries at my K-Mart are plainly marked AGM. But they have a acid pac to be put into them. If I grabbed one of these and put it on shelf how long could I keep it?? Thought I would keep for shop battery. I already have a couple for that use just trying o save some bucks. 58 bucks for a Die-Hard Gold AGM??? I think I will.

Is it made in china ??? :whistling:

Do they have the center tap that my battery has in my 91 Royale??? if not,,, what do you do with the center tap wire???

Battery sensor wire. check in Tech Library for getting rid of this. Not sure if this battery had it. It was a great price on a AGM and I should have grabbed one.

GOT IT ANYWAY!! It claims DieHard Premium AGM GOLD Power Sports Batery. It is dry so I figure I can put on shelf and keep it for a while??? Made in Tiawan. Doesn't give CCA anywhere. Very little info but I figured Die-Hard and I could keep in reserve for a while??

If it has a hole for the sensor it is NOT an AGM.

My AGM came with an acid pack. Once you put in the acid there is a cap that once installed is not removable and the battery is sealed. If there were a sensor port, that would break the seal on that cell.

AGM is the type of internal construction of the battery, it still uses the same acid and the same lead as a "wet Cell" battery. the same chemistry is at work.