IGNORED

Leaving the Vogel Rally, gotta LOVE that P.A. System folks!!

cowpuc

Saddest part of the Vogel Rally, saying good bye with a last little ride as part of the group.. Man that was fun.. :bighug:Not having a CB Radio on the old 83 the P.A. Systems were really neat!!!

See if you guys can figure out who's who in the lineup.. :stirthepot:

Nice to be on the ride with you again :big-grin-emoticon:

You too Annie, you too!!! That was soooo much fun!! You and that Hubby of yours are AMAZING people!! :bighug:

ride many of the same roads alot! i'm just 6 miles from the wis state line. ride wis alot! Really pretty up there 'n' people in wis seem to watchout for bikes alot more than other places!!!!:thumbsup2::Venture:

HEYYYYYY,,, another neighbor!!

Right on brother!! Northern Wisconsin is GORGEOUS,, and LOTS of places to drop a tent!!! Hey Duey, you ever come up and ride the Lake Michigan shoreline around the lake thru Michigan - Tunnel of Trees, Sleeping Bear, M-22?? Beautiful!! :cool10:

Still gotta watch those Wisconsin cagers though. Do you remember the really bad accident up by Fon Du Lac that those guys from Michigan were killed in,, kid crossed the center line and took out 10 bikes... My neighbor was in that group, he wasnt killed but will never be able to ride again.. We rode over to pay respects,, here is a shot of the site.. I do agree with ya though,, there are some areas that seem to have more cagers that hunt bikes than others,,, riding I-5 and 99/Sacremento comes to mind - I have a hunch that disrespectful bikers out there may have something to do with that though (lots of cagers hate bikes).. :backinmyday:

DSCN7561.JPG

DSCN7571.JPG

Thanks for Sharing cowpuc, enjoyed the video and the comments.

I vacation north of you on the lake each summer. The place my grandparents settled when they left Sweden for this country in 1904. They are buried in Manistee.

Last summer we followed a two-up Harley pulling a trailer out of Austin. We were in a car, I ran "wing man" for them till Dallas. Two days later we met them eating lunch at the Boston Market in Holland. We had a great visit and lunch together.

Thanks for Sharing cowpuc, enjoyed the video and the comments.

I vacation north of you on the lake each summer. The place my grandparents settled when they left Sweden for this country in 1904. They are buried in Manistee.

Last summer we followed a two-up Harley pulling a trailer out of Austin. We were in a car, I ran "wing man" for them till Dallas. Two days later we met them eating lunch at the Boston Market in Holland. We had a great visit and lunch together.

Hi Aharbi!!

That is amazing about your grandparents, I bet they had some really interesting stories to share!! We LOVE the Manistee area,, although I really enjoy the whole Lake Michigan shoreline, there is something magic that happens from Manistee going north.. They sure picked some gorgeous area to settle in!! :backinmyday:

You can always tell people who love biking,,, even when they are "caging" their hearts are with the bikers... :rotf: Amazing to bump into them AND recognizing each other two days later and STATES away.. :cool10:

Thanks for the kudo's on the thread!!

Puc

looked like a fun time. i've not driven or even been around a first gen bike but in the video the engined didn't sound like it was running on 4 cylinders? maybe it's the exhaust system that make it sound like that??

I was thinking that too,....:think:,

Sometimes the 1st gens have to pull a plug wire so that the 2nd gens can keep up.......:stickpoke:

Sometimes the 1st gens have to pull a plug wire so that the 2nd gens can keep up.......:stickpoke:

:rotf:

Went back and listened to the ol beater,, I think what you guys are hearing is an exhaust leak, lord knows it has a couple of those :stirthepot:

Running shy of a cylinder or two isnt beyond its nature though,,, few years ago the wife and I went up to Kalkaska Mi to look at it (wore out our previous 1st genner). Nice bike with 28k on it, guy said he had owned it for a few years, I rode it - definitly running on 2!! Came back, asked him if he ever noticed how doggy it was, said no - it always ran good and had plenty of power.. After spit checkin the pipes and showing him two were cold he looked at me like I was nuts:rotf: I told him I would give him his $650 bucks for it anyway.. Rode it home on 2 - ran 70 on the highway no problem, pulled the carb covers, 2 diaphram sets came out in pieces!! Dug into my "spare parts" from previous bikes, put in two sets I had put together, back together and yeeeeeehawww :cool10:

That's a great testament to 1st Gens. and Yamaha bikes.... :thumbsup2:

:rotf:

Went back and listened to the ol beater,, I think what you guys are hearing is an exhaust leak, lord knows it has a couple of those :stirthepot:

Running shy of a cylinder or two isnt beyond its nature though,,, few years ago the wife and I went up to Kalkaska Mi to look at it (wore out our previous 1st genner). Nice bike with 28k on it, guy said he had owned it for a few years, I rode it - definitly running on 2!! Came back, asked him if he ever noticed how doggy it was, said no - it always ran good and had plenty of power.. After spit checkin the pipes and showing him two were cold he looked at me like I was nuts:rotf: I told him I would give him his $650 bucks for it anyway.. Rode it home on 2 - ran 70 on the highway no problem, pulled the carb covers, 2 diaphram sets came out in pieces!! Dug into my "spare parts" from previous bikes, put in two sets I had put together, back together and yeeeeeehawww :cool10: