IGNORED

Goofy Question

Keysyrider

Be careful when lifting the seat off since the seat has to move a little front to unhook in the back. Seen to many scratches on the tank when people have accidentally moved the seat to much forward and scraped the tank with the bolts that are sticking down from underneath the seat - at least that is how it is with the Corbin seats on the Venture. Not sure about the original Yamaha seat though - but just in case be careful !

Got it. Of course I dropped the first one down inside that maize and can't find it now even with a magnet. I'll tray again later when I regain my patience.

Got the rear of the bike suspended from the ceiling joists and removed the back wheel and took out the final drive. Going to get the gearing change done on my way back from Florida after New Years.

Didn't realize that I ad to remove both saddlebags and both muffler just to be able to pull the axle out. Oh well, it's still not as bad as a Gold Wing to work on. :detective:

Thanks for the advice guys.

Didnt get here fast enough to get an answer in. You have to remove the big nut in the middle of the seat behind the handlebars first. :rotf:

10,000 unemployed comedians and we get stuck with you.

Sort of reminds me of an old saying: "They'd replace you with a machine--but they haven't invented a machine that does nothing yet! :cool10:

Appreciate the humour though.

Yea I know but thats what happens when your board I guess. So far I have managed to keep track of the nuts for mine. But it aint been easy. I like the drawer knob idea thats pretty cool. Have also thought about the wing nut. I dont often need to get under the seat but, when I do you allways seem to fight the nut and being ably to turn it in such a tight area.