IGNORED

Read this for the women in your life !!

dingy

I lost a 34 year old niece this afternoon due to cervical cancer. She was diagnosed less than a month ago with stage 4 cancer. She had not been to her OB/GYN for 8 years since the birth of her third child. Had this cancer been detected sooner with a pap smear, she may have been able to survive. The cancer had progressed to a point that there was no options for treating it. She spent the last month of her life regretting her decision not to have regular checkups.

I am sure this is not something that women look forward to doing, but it can help catch this form of cancer when it has a chance of being treated.

Not an easy subject to bring up with your mothers, wives, daughters and others, but it is something that can help keep them with you longer.

Getting this testing done was something she stressed to people that were with her at the end.

Gary

Sorry for your loss Gary, and thanks for the wise words! Becky is a cancer survivor herself!

On a side note, we just found out this evening that one of Becky's nieces passed away early this AM just a week before her 50th birthday. She went into respiratory arrest and her heart stopped. It's never easy to accept this kind of news!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I'm glad that she encouraged others to get checked.

I'm sure it was effective with everyone she spoke with.

The problem I have is how do you make someone go to the doctor?

I care about someone who thinks that she's more afraid of a doctor visit than she is of dying herself?

The truth is that what's out of sight is out of mind and until there's trouble she's not having any of it.

My condolences on your loss Gary.

There's nothing that is easier than a Pap. When I was 27 I was diagnosed with stage 1 cervical cancer. The next 2yrs of my life were spent tracking the growth and treatment. It was an inconvenience, but Im here because a doctor caught it during a routine exam and scheduled a very noninvasive treatment. Even Mike asks when the next exam is...We women often schedule your appts and such. Maybe talk to us about ours too. 34 was too young.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2