IGNORED

Any trips?

mraf

Not many new posts here lately so lets see who rode where this last year. We rode to Endless Caverns in Virginia taking along my brother-in-law on his Kawasaki 1000. If your into caves this is one of the best with bigger rooms in it than most caves. We also rode out to St.Louis to visit another brother-in-law. He took us up in the Arch while there. Both rides were not that many days away from the farm but it did help clear the cobwebs. Hopefully next year won't be so wet around here so the farm work can get done faster for more riding.:bawling::D

Starting on Canada Day, July 1, 2013 we rode the St. John River Valley in New Brunswick. Following that we visited PEI and then went by ferry out to Isle de la Madeleine in the middle of the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

Took four days in August and rode Pennsylvania Route 6 from Milford westward to Route 219.

Took a week on October and rode from Nashville south through Birmingham to Natchez. Then took a few days and traveled north following the Natchez Trace Parkway all the way north to Nashville again.

2014 will be a few days following the Susquehanna river from CVooperstonw, Ny to the Chesapeake Bay and a week in Missouri in the Ozark Plateau Region around Branson. More plans to come but that all for now.

Not able to ride as much this year as we have in past years. 7 year old Grandson and I rode with Patrolman46 to Saratoga WY and back (500 miles). Wife and I made our yearly trip to the Black Hills during the Sturgis Rally. Put on about 700 miles that trip. Several day trips in our local region. :)

After leaving the IR we rode north through Wisconsin toward Duluth Minnesota then took the loop into Ontario around Lake Superior to Sault St. Marie MI then home. A very scenic ride if you ever get the chance. We had some awesome food north and south of the border and met some great people. 2700miles with my brother and two close friends.

The first of Sept the Wife and I left for Cape Cod, MA taking all the 2 lane roads we could through PA, NY, and MA. We stayed on the cape for a week with some friends who have a time share. Again great food and Whale watching were the highlights here. When we left there we headed north into Maine, stayed a couple days in Bangor and took in Acadia NP and a few Lobsters before going west through NH, VT, and the Adarondack Mts in NY before heading home. Around 2600miles with my best travel buddy. :Venture:

Tippy (wife) and I (Puc) pretty much spent the summer out goofin off on Tweeks (83 Standard with second gear missing).. Visited some National Parks out west, visited our girls in California, friendly antelope donated horns to tweeks in Montana, ran out of gas (x2), missed a MASSIVE Elk on HWY-50 topping Connors Pass BY INCHES, saw the new indians at sturgis rally, slept in tent (alot), ate spam at spam museum, found out that "Vogel" is a park in Georgia, met lots of great folks - some from here (some "questionable" persons too), bike now in basement waiting for spring of 14 to start over...

Thanks for the post!!!!! LOVE reading where every one was (didnt see many Ventures cept for Vogel),

Puc

My brother in law and I made two trips to the Smokey Mountains this summer and fall. One with our wives and the other with a group of six guys. Road the Tail of the Dragon both trips. Had a blast on the many outstanding roads in the Smokey's.

Jim

I put about 4,000 kilometers on the new to me second gen throughout British Columbia and Washington State. A couple or three more thousand on my V-Strom.

I had a great ride in the Kootenays with Friesman although he brought the rain from the east with him. All in all it was about the best riding I had ever done.

Pulled the V-Strom out today and checked it over, lubed chain and filled tires to get back out there.

Just going to go crack the shell on the 2nd Gen and change the head light (burned out).:confused: should be fun. But a big thank you to Freebird for posting the how to so well for me to follow in Tech section :thumbsup2:

:Venture:

10,000km, 6,200 miles

4 week trip in August from Ontario down to St. Louis, up to Iowa City Iowa, across Nebraska, into South Dakota (camped on the Badlands, thru Custer State Park, saw Mt. Rushmore, thru Sturgis during bike week), across Wyoming (Devil's Tower, thru Ten Sleep, Yellowstone, road the Bear Tooth), thru Montana to Saskatchewan, across Manitoba, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Met some of the members during our trip (Phoneman1981, Friesman, Tomephil, Croissantwich)

I didn't do very many trips this year. Just to the IR and then over to Branson for a few days. Lot of day trips with the SCRC group I ride with. I will not do any on the bike in 14. I will save the Vac. time and take my oldest son to WY on a two week hunting trip before I retire in 15.

In May my self and thunderstorms left Florida to B2Moms in Dresden Tn, and we both ( me and rain) returned...

August, went to Vogel VI/ Blairsville Ga. Rode tail of the dragon, Cherohala skyway.

Took some "in the middle of nowhere" trips to Solomans castle ( Florida) for a pseudo meet and eat

Recently put on 400+ miles on our last Florida M&E in lake Okeechobee.

not to mention, all the usual local riding and such to Quaker steak and lube, ocala national forest, Daytona, st.Augustine etc

years is not quite done yet but

RSV total= 10k miles

Vulcan total= 1500 miles

My buddy Honda CB900F super-sport which I am babysitting thru winter= 61 miles and counting...( I plan on hitting some serious miles on all these bikes in 2014)

Just one "trip" on the new Venture. It was a day trip, left home, returned home same day. Met a riding friend and his son on their Harleys and we rode to Gettysburg, PA. We toured the battlefield on our bikes and stopped at the visitors center. We ate a couple times and had a great day. It was 33 degrees when I left and 34 when I got home but it got to almost sixty during the sunlight hours.

The last day trip on my Vulcan was with a group of six bikes. We rode to the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, PA, then to the Quecreek Mine rescue site. We stopped for lunch at a favorite haunt and a couple convenience store stops for water. It was a hot day.

These are the only two times I rode with other bikes all summer. I ride solo and in a group of one 99% of the time. Since I got the Venture my wife has started riding with me again and that is a big reason why I bought it, comfort!

I have made a couple "few hundred" milers here in Fla. Meet and eats buzzing over the in-laws. The 2 big trips were here in central Fl to Toronto and back via Charlotte NC, Williamsburg PA and then back expressway. (I was pressed for time comming home). In Oct the wife and I went to just south of Ashville NC for a week. Majority of back roads up and back. Went to the Biltmore house, downtown Ashville one afternoon to shope and site see, Wheels Through TIme in Maggie, and some just god couple day rides. On the way home we slid by Savannha Ga for a couple days and then home. I put like 5500 miles on in about 4 weeks time.