IGNORED

Texas Declared Disaster Area due to winter storm

Guest tx2sturgis

No snow in Seattle yet this year, ( which is odd ?? ) .

And the really funny thing is, there has been NO Rain!! for the last two weeks !!

Yesterday, it was 32 and Sunny, no wind, no clouds, and I actually saw a few motorcycles on the road.

For some reason, the bad weather is heading south of here, very strange??

it is 16 degrees fahrenheit outside my house right now.

And this morning here, it is 15 F ( -9 c ) and as GeorgeS says... we have hardly seen any cloud (and no rain) for the past two or maybe even 3 weeks. Our normal temps at this time are +7 celcius highs and +1 celcius low overnight.

Forecast is for ss s s s s snow by mid week but at least temps will be a bit milder (dang! a guy just can't have it all, can he...)

Talked to my brother yesterday. He lives about 2 hours south of Dallas. Now he hasn't had to deal with our Norther NY winters in 32 years. His take on local reaction to the weather event would tick off those whining about it.And he is living in it.

I do empathize with those dealing with it. It does suck. But it's not a tornado or tsunami for Pete's sake. Ice and snow events are very survivable. My wife and I had learned to get through as much as a week without power. With no generator. (we do own one now) In the last 30 years we have seen major ice storms,(1 was 6 days with no power), 1 "micro burst" another 5 days with no power, to many long term outages due to snow to even count, and so on. Plus the "ordinary" outages due to inclemnt weather, accidents taking ut poles, transformers puking and so on.

And as for driving in it. that again is an adjustment. Or just don't. Don't drive any faster than you want to be going WHEN you crash.

Odd ball and extreme weather events seem to be more likely for some reason. Those that prepare and adapt will be OK. The rest, not so much.