IGNORED

Best ehaust

thad5515

Hello all,

New member, I posted some info about me in the new member forum.

I have a question that I'm sure is beat to death, but I couldn't come up with an answer searching.

I'm looking for a slip on that will give me the best sound. I want a deep "Harley" sound without rasp or excessive loudness, just a nice deep throaty sound. I thought I was going to go with V&H Monster Ovals, but now I'm not sure. I just looked at the LA Chopper's... once again????

I put a buddy of mine's stock Electra Glide mufflers on, but they were quieter than my OEMs.

Just not sure, was even thinking Screamin' Eagles. I don't know, help me out....

Thanks,

Todd

I purchased a set of Screaming Eagle touring pipes, supposedly the old 105db model at a swap meet for $40. I have a nice burble at idle and decent sound while reasonablely at 65mph. You will never get the HD rumble since we are a V4 and smaller displacement per cylinder.

The V&H has the nicest sound off all the YouTube clips but they also run $300 + on the used market. Any aftermarket HD Touring pipe will sound pretty good on these bikes.

Edited by BratmanXj

I am currently running a set of KromeWerks slip-ons with turn out tips, they are not listed on the KromeWerks web site any more, I like them pretty well but have allways liked the sound of BUBs. I cam across a set of BUBs pretty cheap a few weeks ago, but they do not have baffles in them so I am waiting on BUB to send me new baffles. Once I get them put together and try them out I will make a decision on what I am going to keep the Krome Werks or the BUBs. I will be puting one set up for sale, so if you are interested just keep an eye open for my post.

As was stated in previous post, you will not get the same sound from the V-4 as you do from a V-Twin, with the right system, the Yamaha V-4s will sound more like a small block Chevy V-8 with glass packs than a Harley.

I wanted the V&H big ovals but I got the LA Choppers because they were half the price. They are not loud at idle or cruising, just a nice rumble, but when you get on it they are really loud. I have even had HD guys comment on how good they sound.

I wanted the V&H big ovals but I got the LA Choppers because they were half the price. They are not loud at idle or cruising, just a nice rumble, but when you get on it they are really loud. I have even had HD guys comment on how good they sound.

That's what I'm thinking too. Did you add any baffling???

Hello all,

New member, I posted some info about me in the new member forum.

I have a question that I'm sure is beat to death, but I couldn't come up with an answer searching.

I put a buddy of mine's stock Electra Glide mufflers on, but they were quieter than my OEMs.

Just not sure, was even thinking Screamin' Eagles. I don't know, help me out....

Thanks,

Todd[/Q

UOTE]

Ok on the flip side of the noisy rattling Harley sound, what are the quietest pipes out there for the Venture. I am not one of the wake babies and scare little old ladies set

Al

BTW I will second the BUBs for a nice low rumble, but they will roar when you crack the throttle