IGNORED

Draggers

Keysyrider

Finally I am going to mount my draggers on the floorboards. Should be a lot of fun at night.

http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=841

These are super cool looking on the twisties at night. Couple of things though ..

If you ever ride with someone it is VERY distracting to the fellow behind you. I found this out the hard way on our last organized ride.

I also saw the exact same fellow snag one on a manhole lip coming out of the hotel. He lost about 3/4 of the floorboard in the middle of the street and had to ride back to New Orleans (From Kentucky) with a little stub for a footrest.

Just a few things to think on.

They do put on a great show though!

• 1 year later...

I think I would deepen the undercut at the base of the thread so that there is a designed failure point if it should snag on something in the road.

pure titanium, grade 2, 99.2% TI, rod can be bought for $126 for a 1 foot bar, 1 inch dia, gets less expensive as quantity increases. (I only looked at the first supplier that came up on google.)

It would not be real hard to turn down the end, thread it and cut to length.

Higher strength grade 5 is 90% TI and is actually less expensive at $109 per foot, but harder to machine.

I think I would deepen the undercut at the base of the thread so that there is a designed failure point if it should snag on something in the road.

pure titanium, grade 2, 99.2% TI, rod can be bought for $126 for a 1 foot bar, 1 inch dia, gets less expensive as quantity increases. (I only looked at the first supplier that came up on google.)

It would not be real hard to turn down the end, thread it and cut to length.

Higher strength grade 5 is 90% TI and is actually less expensive at $109 per foot, but harder to machine.

Soooo how many sets can you get per foot??????????????

They are about 1.5 inches long. So a set would take 3 inches. So about 4 sets per foot.

Might have to make a few sets to get the designed fail point correct. So the the TI would brake away before any damage to the bike or rider.

The 900 vulcan had holes under the floorboards. I guess manufacturing pickup point or something. Anyways on this tab under the boards was a hole and guys were taping them out and putting soft grade bolts in them for the same effect. 1/4x20 soft bolt from hardware store about .08 each.