IGNORED

feeling a little blue

baylensman

Count your blessings, name them one by one.

My dad joined eternal life back in 81, he was 74. Nice guy, did a lot of work for others, but I really didn't have a relationship with him, so really don't miss him. Sometimes I envy you folks who miss their dad. It shows they had a good relationship, and that doesn't happen all the time.

I know I will miss my dad and there will be a big hole in my life when he is gone, which will likely be soon as his heart is worn out. He has been one of my most important role models for me and coincidentally, our strongest bond developed from our annual summer motorcycle trips together. Just last week, I got our entire family together (four generations) to celebrate in party style the "bonus time" we have shared with him which is how I view our time together after his many heart attacks and strokes.

I hope you can take comfort from good memories.

I miss my Dad every day, I lost him in 1997, at the age of 76, I was 22 yrs old. I didn't have a great relationship with him, but I missed out on building a healthy adult relationship with him. I envy my nieces and nephews because they get to have a chance at that with my brother, who turns 70 in December. I remind my husband often he needs to talk to his Dad more, especially since his Dad's health is worse, the problem is he can't stand to talk to his mother more than 30 secs (she is very self absorbed) so he avoids contact with both of them, sometimes for years at a time. He says he will have no regrets when that time comes, I know better, I live it every day.

Lost my father in May, 4 days after his 67th Birthday and the day after Mother's Day, to a heart attack. We has just spent the weekend at the cottage cleaning up and getting ready for the season, he was up and down the road all day with my Niece and Nephew fishing and no signs of anything wrong.

My father was a retired carpenter, I worked the trades with him through college and learned a lot. I just purchased a new house and was ALWAYS on the phone with him asking for advice or tricks to projects. He relied a lot on me being his muscle when we took on projects. I had a great relationship with him.

My wife is due this week with our 1st child, I still don't know how I'll get through telling him about his Papa.

I'll miss mine terribly soon. This thanksgiving will be most likely the last we all spend with him. He was diagnosed with Prostate cancer last year and it had already spread to the bone. Last month the CT scan revealed it was in the organs now as well. This Thanksgiving we'll all be there including my daughter her husband and my father's first great grandchild. I feel terrible for my granddaughter not getting to know him he's a wonderful man and very giving and he loves us all.

We are very lucky he's had two heart attacks and by-pass surgery years ago (around the same age his father died) His first bout of Cancer was in the kidney and that was removed around the same age his mom died. This time he won't overcome it.

Hug your loved ones close and never put off spending time with them we never know how long any of us have.

Margaret

My father wasn't man enough to be around. He left my mom when I was 6 months old. My mom died 2 years ago, major health issues at 66. It never feels good losing anyone.

baylensman, you have many a memory to be proud of.

Also, we are not too far away, perhaps sometime we can meet and go for a ride.

My father died of a brain tumor at age 37 when I was in high school. Mother is in a nursing home with Alzheiners and incoherent for the past 5 years.

Now not to go all doom and gloom because I have great wife, four wonderful kids, and five fantastic grand kids. That whole group is what keeps going me going and looking forward to every day. And those dats are even better hittin the open road on my RSTD!

I lost my dad back in 2000 at 76 due to a heart attack. I ended up buying my siblings out on his house and still live here. I still run across things in the garage that he put up or saved and it routinely brings back memories of us together. I was lucky that we had a good relationship and did a lot of things together.

I am also fortunate that from a young age that I helped him work on cars and became the go to guy as a kid for working on bikes and stuff. He got me a go cart at 7 years old and a motorcycle at 13 and I learned to work on them.

I lost my mom to an aneurism in her brain in 96 when she was 66 years old. I guess in some ways I was lucky that neither of my parents died a lingering death. In both cases, it was just a couple of days.

RandyA