IGNORED

wrecked

Caveman

Yep, I was pulling out of my driveway, and noticed my neighbors dog, a catahoula" stalking something in the bushes at the end of the driveway. It was about 0830 and my driveway is grass...still wet with morning dew. I take off and when I do, I stir the rabbit out of the bush, the dog takes off after it, both right in front of me. I hit the brakes, rear wheel locks up, and down it went on the left side. lower cowling destroyed, crash bar bent way back, linkage set back a bit but still works. Upper faring scratched. Called state farm and dropped the bike off at coast cycle world and waitng on word. My feelings are hurt but nothing else....this sucks! I will be happy if I get her back by Christmas.:depressed: Photos to come.

When you get it back put on a set of Carbon Ones crash bar braces and they will save the bar and lower cowling if you ever drop it or lay it down, plus if you have highway pegs they will not move back and forth which can break off the mounting tabs in the lower cowlings. Some of the best money I ever spent.

:thumbsup2:

Glad you are not hurt. BTW, what did your neighbor say when you told them you wreaked your bike while trying to not hit and kill their dog that was in your yard? Surely, they offered to fix your bike.

RandyA

Nope, I wouldn't ask him to do that. I live in the woods and it coulda been anything. I should have been more careful really seeing the dog stalking as I did. It's all good.

When you get it back put on a set of Carbon Ones crash bar braces and they will save the bar and lower cowling if you ever drop it or lay it down, plus if you have highway pegs they will not move back and forth which can break off the mounting tabs in the lower cowlings. Some of the best money I ever spent.

:thumbsup2:

I will be looking at getting some of those for sure.

Nope, I wouldn't ask him to do that. I live in the woods and it coulda been anything. I should have been more careful really seeing the dog stalking as I did. It's all good.

You are a better man than me, :bowdown: I would be going after them for damages....get so anoyed everytime I have to avoid a chasing dog that should be tied up. :bang head: I have a dog by the way and always keep it under control and expect others to do so, its a responsibility issue.

:322:

I do not believe you could go after the dogs owner. If you didn't hit the dog he didn't cause the accident. The actual cause was the tires being wet causing the bike to slide after applying the brakes. Now I could be wrong:scratchchin:

Nope, I think you are right. I talked to the service department today and the agent handling the claim had already come by. They are saying it has, GET THIS, $5,000 worthof damage. I just can't see that. Oh well:confused24:. I asked if I could pick it up tomorrow?:hihi:

Edited by Caveman