IGNORED

Removing the water pump cover

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

I purchased a Baron's waterpump cover that has the V4 emblem on it. I was wondering what to expect when I pull the cover off. Mainly I'm worried about coolant loss. Will it all come pouring out? If so is it okay to let it pour out, and then just add some more? Thanks.

You just take to old cover off and put on the new one. Make sure you don't pinch the rubber seal. I broke my went I put on my Barons cover and had to get a new one. They only cost a buck or so.:2143:

Do you ahve to drain the coolant first. Will the amount of coolant that comes out make it hard to install.

Guest KitCarson
I purchased a Baron's waterpump cover that has the V4 emblem on it. I was wondering what to expect when I pull the cover off. Mainly I'm worried about coolant loss. Will it all come pouring out? If so is it okay to let it pour out, and then just add some more? Thanks.
I thought I would give you a serious answer....these fellows, are a case sometimes, I would not have it any other way......but seriously although I would like to say .....look out for the cricketts.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Yes you will lose coolant........just put a pan under the cover and have a rag handy to wipe up spilled coolant off the bike.......and before you take the cover off....just have an extra gasket seal on hand to begin with. To lose some coolant is okay.....not a big deal....just go get some of that at the bike shop ahead of time and just fill it back up.....go for a short ride and check the coolant level under the seat several times over the next couple rides and once it stays stable.....all is cool.

I have heard all kinds of nonsense and talk about this cover......that some have tried to lay the bike on its side to avoid loss of coolant......how such stuff gets started is beyond me........coolant is cheap.....should be changed once in awhile anyway.......why would anyone worry about losing it? Do not worry about the loss of coolant......just be aware you will......put a drain pan or something under it.....wipe any spilled off any painted surfaces and go for it......myself I might drain the most of it at the radiator....first.......maybe......if that drain plug does not want to move........it is plastic.....I would just go for it.

Installed my water pump cover yesterday. Only lost about a Quart of coolant. All of the coolant lost was out of the radiator. I had to pull the tank and add coolant to the radiator. It's Not hard to do. As Kit says: "just go for it."