IGNORED

Happy Veterans Day

NSA Joe

From this veteran to everyone that has served, or is currently serving you country. Happy Veterans Day. And Thankyou, Hopefully everyone will make it out to one of the free meals being offered today. Hope everyone will remember all those that didn't make it home and the ones who are protecting our freedom today. . Joe(angryjoe):)

Remembrance Day is every day for me. Not a day goes by that I don't think of friends who did not come back. I do not go to a Remembrance Day service. I find it to painful. My wife will go and so will both of my son's who are in the service. Oldest boy was in Afghanistan. He lost a few friends there. like me, he didn't have to go he was a volunteer. I will spend the day in quiet reflection remembering friends lost. I'll have a drink for them, hero's all. I will never forget them and they will always be remembered.

I never forget Veterans Day.

It is a time to celebrate those people that protect our freedoms and our way of life.

Thanks to those who have served our country.

Let our prayers and thoughts be with those who made the ultimate sacrifice for God and country, and salute those that are still serving or made it home safe.

God bless you all and protect you on your well deserved day of recognition.

OH ya, my uncle was born on this day many years before me, and I to was lucky enough to born on this great day.

With Great respect to all our Veterans!

Bubber

http://objflicks.com/MoreThanAName.htm:15_8_211[1]:

They fought and some died for their homeland.

They fought and some died, now it’s our land.

Look at his little child; there’s no fear in her eyes.

Could he not show respect for other dads who have died?

Take two minutes, would you mind?

It’s a pittance of time,

For the boys and the girls who went over.

In peace may they rest, may we never forget why they died.

It’s a pittance of time.

God forgive me for wanting to strike him.

Give me strength so as not to be like him.

My heart pounds in my breast, fingers pressed to my lips,

My throat wants to bawl out, my tongue barely resists.

But two minutes I will bide.

It’s a pittance of time,

For the boys and the girls who went over.

In peace may they rest.

May we never forget why they died.

It’s a pittance of time.

Read the letters and poems of the heroes at home.

They have casualties, battles, and fears of their own.

There’s a price to be paid if you go, if you stay.

Freedom’s fought for and won in numerous ways.

It’s a pittance of time,

For the boys and the girls all over.

May we never forget, our young become vets.

At the end of the line,

It’s a pittance of time.

It takes courage to fight in your own war.

It takes courage to fight someone else’s war.

Our peacekeepers tell of their own living hell.

They bring hope to foreign lands that hate mongers can’t kill.

It’s a pittance of time,

For the boys and the girls who go over.

In peacetime our best still don battle dress

And lay their lives on the line.

It’s a pittance of time

In peace may they rest,

Lest we forget why they died.

Take a pittance of time.

Edited by Black Owl

Absolutely, from one Vet to Every other, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have given the greatest gift to us all, the Love you have for your fellow American, and for the freedom that our brothers fought for long before us.

Thank you

Daitan and Linus

Just back from the Remembrance Day ceremonies at the cenotaph. We always have a good turnout and the Legion is full afterward. Last week we put on a Veterans day dinner for all veterans. Got tagged again to do the speech at the high school. The kids are very responsive.

Lest we forget.

Remembrance Day is every day for me. Not a day goes by that I don't think of friends who did not come back. I do not go to a Remembrance Day service. I find it to painful. My wife will go and so will both of my son's who are in the service. Oldest boy was in Afghanistan. He lost a few friends there. like me, he didn't have to go he was a volunteer. I will spend the day in quiet reflection remembering friends lost. I'll have a drink for them, hero's all. I will never forget them and they will always be remembered.

This...

Absolutely true. TV is off, I am having my one beer tonight, in and thinking of my fellow friends that did not make it back.

Thanks to everyone of our veterans. I did my four years in the USAF from 69/73 and am so glad I made that decision. My dad joined the Navy when he was 16 years old and was in Times Square when Pearl Harbor was bombed. He was in Guadal Canal when the war ended. He died in 2000 and I regret so much that we did not sit down and talk more about his experiences.

RandyA

Thanks to my brothers in all branches. USAF 78-96 I really enjoyed my time in the service and while I was there I looked at it as "a job". I knew it was something better than that but for me it was just what I was to be doing I guess. If I didnt like it I guess I wouldnt have stayed and made it a career. Heaven knows the pay sure aint that great.

For all that paved the path before me....I remember

For all that served with and beside me....I remember

For all that follow the path I once tread....I remember

Thank You for signing the blank check....because, I remember

God bless all of you, both here and abroad who have fought and died to keep democracy alive.

Charles Coolidge, medal of honor winner, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDq4PxzxWUw]Charles Coolidge, Medal of Honor, WWII - YouTube[/ame] attended our church Sunday. We gave him a spontaneous standing applause! It was quite moving!

I first meet him one afternoon when I chased down his van with my RSTD. I became curious when I saw a Tennessee license plate "6" with what I thought was the purple heart emblem next to it. Getting closer I realized it was the Medal of Honor emblem. He laughed at me when I told him I had been in the Rangers. He let me know there were no Rangers around the day he won his medal!

This is one of two experiences in my life that makes me so proud to be a part of this brotherhood!