IGNORED

My wife is awesome.

Phoneman1981

Hello: I have a younger coworker. Kind of new to our community. His wife and he both have kids from previous relationships but have been expecting a baby girl to arrive around Nov. 9th. She has had trouble carrying the baby and has been unable to work for the past couple of months. Money is short with only one income. Their other children are at least 8 years older, no baby items. Oldest daughter age 12 planned a baby shower for her mom but my wife aready had plans for that given day. So my wife went shopping a few days before the event and had a hayday. I drove her and her purchases to their home in the next town a few weeks ago. The couple was thrilled.

One the way home I told my wife how proud I was of her. :) She indicated she had not had an opportunity to baby shop for almost 8 years and had a blast doing so.

I later learned that only one person showed for the baby shower which made my wife's gesture so much more meaningful. ( I guess Lee knew that might happen??)

I had teased them during her pregnacy that I would be honored if she would deliver on Nov. 8th as that was my late Fathers birthday and if so I was hoping they would name the little girl "Chuck or Charlie" after my Dad. :rotf:

Well the baby did arrive by natural birth yesterday on Nov. 8th. "Lilly Angel" is beautiful and healthy. I got a text last night that we could stop by this weekend and hold "Charlie". Happy for them.