IGNORED

so i got it all on the bike

baylensman

As I said in an earlier post I drained the goodie account and got it all. Here's the pics of it installed. What you can't see in these is the projector lights with Yamaha logo under the bags and the 14 6 lamp chrome led pods scattered around the bike.

the last thing to do is the diamond R links, may try to get them done this weekend.

all told about 6 hours work. a roll of electrical tape a couple of new drill bits (used self centering brad points) as i didn't want them to walk, a tube of Blue locktite some crimp connectors. Oh and bought the GF a new car

As I said in an earlier post I drained the goodie account and got it all. Here's the pics of it installed. What you can't see in these is the projector lights with Yamaha logo under the bags and the 14 6 lamp chrome led pods scattered around the bike.

the last thing to do is the diamond R links, may try to get them done this weekend.

all told about 6 hours work. a roll of electrical tape a couple of new drill bits (used self centering brad points) as i didn't want them to walk, a tube of Blue locktite some crimp connectors. Oh and bought the GF a new car

It all looks great and I would like to make a suggestion and do the saddle bag rail modification it will look more in line with the striping.

Joe :080402gudl_prv:

Careful with the trunk rack. The OEM rack has metal rails between posts to spread the weight of any load you put on it. If there isn't support other than the posts you could end up with the rack going right thru the lid.

yeah i saw that i 'm going see a buddy and see if we can cut and drill some stainless plate and do the same for this rack

a tube of Blue locktite some crimp connectors.

Just a belated word of caution, if locktite comes in contact with any plastic parts, it will eat the plastic away like acid. It takes a while, if you might have, it should be disassembled and cleaned.

Nice locking accessories. Papa Smurf would be proud !!!

Gary

Liked the pics. Chrome cup holder looks good. Be careful to make sure that the cup holder doesn't loosen like mine did. Made a slow turn and holder turned down and couldn't straighten steering as holder was caught on the tank. The holder had been on since new '09 . Happy it happened my driveway and not on the street.