IGNORED

Important: Please Read!

Freebird

OK folks...it's that time again. I have some updating to do on our software here and it is pretty major. I may even have to back it up before I do it this time. :)

First of all, in preparation of a major upgrade, I will be slightly changing the URL of the forum. This will affect you only if you have the actual forum bookmarked and come straight here instead of to the home page. The URL is now http://www.venturerider.org/forum

the new URL will be http://www.venturerider.org/forums

The only difference is the plural forums instead of forum. The reason for this is because about 4 years ago when I started this site, I used forum instead of forums and should not have done that. All upgrades and changes that I make assume the default is "forums" and it causes me a LOT of extra work having to change all the files.

That is just the small part. There is a major upgrade coming in the very near future. Not sure yet about the exact date but I will give another warning. It could be a few days from now or a couple of weeks. The new upgrade will add a number of new features. There are some new features included that I will likely disable because I just don't know that I like them. One such thing is "social networking". It basically allows members to create their own custom profile pages, much like MySpace and similar where you can post pictures, personal interests, even public messages and responses.

I don't know that I like that idea. I am afraid that it will take away from the general forum. If everybody is posting and swapping messages on their personal pages, I think it will take away from the "one family" feel that we have now.

There are other features also though and some good reasons for doing the upgrade. More on all of this later. I will give another warning before making the changes and then will list the new features gained from it.

It's funny, sort of...I got all the major help I needed about 8 months before the crash.

Now, I'm wondering what the cool new stuff will be.

I HOPE IT'S NOT POST COUNTS & TITLES FOR VARIOUS NUMBERS OF POSTS....DATE JOINED, ETC.

Other sites have that & it just causes too many junk posts to get #s up.

It's funny, sort of...I got all the major help I needed about 8 months before the crash.

Now, I'm wondering what the cool new stuff will be.

I HOPE IT'S NOT POST COUNTS & TITLES FOR VARIOUS NUMBERS OF POSTS....DATE JOINED, ETC.

Other sites have that & it just causes too many junk posts to get #s up.

Actually, we have all of that available already. I just have it all disabled. It will be in the update also.