IGNORED

Looking forward............

DragonRider

Retirement is just around the corner, and things are going downhill, first I am looking at some back problems that need to be addressed, next Wed, having a medial nerve block done to see if the next procedure would work, if it does, wont be needing surgery on my back, but in the meantime, my neck has started acting up, had surgery there in 2000, and everthing was good up untill a few weeks ago when it started hurting, now its affecting my arms and hand strength, so back to the Dr. tomorrow, guess another MRI and xrays coming up again. Same symptoms as then, so it ain't looking good right now.........:bang head::bang head:........I HATE GETTING OLD!!!!!!

Retirement is just around the corner.........:bang head::bang head:........I HATE GETTING OLD!!!!!!

Lewis - it beats the crap outta the alternative

I retired when I was 62 and I'm just tickled pink every day that I wake up on the green side of grass ......:thumbsup:

Good Luck at the Dr's

Lew, I wish you the best and you will be in our prayers. I have been very lucky in my life in not having to experience pain. But, I am still going through a lot of discomfort with my rib/chest situation from the tip over and it sure makes me understand and feel for those that do have to deal with constant pain.

RandyA

Hope it all works out for ya Lewis. I'm not getting old, just not gonna have it. :no-no-no: Jeff's already falling apart on me and he's younger. :whistling: Guess I didn't marry one young enough. :Laugh:

Monday we get to find out what we can have them do to his ankle since the last surgery didn't fix it.

Margaret

Missed work yesterday and left early today due to the extreme pain in my neck. Went to the Dr, xrays taken, and looks like some more surgery on my neck to fuse 2 vertabrae just above the 2 that were fused in 2000. He still wants to have an MRI, so after that is done we will have to get down to some serious discussion about my future,:confused24: work wise that is, who knows I may spend the last days before retirement out on disability...............And How Was Your Day??

My whole body hurts from it.......neck, back , but, you name it, it hurts...............cant wait for retirement, looks like it might be a littler earlier than I expect.

Uhhh, are you saying work is a pain in the neck??? hmmm, to me it was a pain in another part of my anatomy...:smash2:

Hey Lewis

Sorry aint been able to post lately and thought I would do some catchin up..

Sorry to hear about your back/neck problems, been there myself.. Mine was back in 01.. After trying steroid shots and extensive physical therapy I ended up at a neuro surgeon who sent me for MRI's, found out I had broken "facia" (sp) joint fragments floating around at the sacrium/L5.. He did the ol titanium rods/saddles and loctited the joints together.. Took about 6 months in a turtle shell and another 6 months of therapy to be able to walk again, not fun!!

We talked a LOT about the deal where they remove just a section of the disc, he told me he has had a lot of success with this type too (not an option for me cause my "facia" was gone). He did say that the biggest mistake that folks make with this type of repair is they feel better and dont give the area time to heal, I guess there is an actual hole left where the meat from the disc is removed that you have to give time to fill in - if you dont the disc pops back into the hole and they have to start over..

Anyway, its AMAZING what they can do for this stuff now, expensive but AMAZING!!!

Couple words of advice my friend, follow the doctors orders (easier said than done), be careful with the pain killers - they are addictive and keep lots of folks praying for you - we will be!!

By the way, another thing I learned was the shooting stabbing throbbing nagging pain of sciatica is a horrible experience and I am truely sorry you find yourself going thru this stuff!

Your pal

Cowuc

Missed work yesterday and left early today due to the extreme pain in my neck. Went to the Dr, xrays taken, and looks like some more surgery on my neck to fuse 2 vertabrae just above the 2 that were fused in 2000. He still wants to have an MRI, so after that is done we will have to get down to some serious discussion about my future,:confused24: work wise that is, who knows I may spend the last days before retirement out on disability...............And How Was Your Day??[/]

Lewis,

When discs in a spine get fused, whether it be the cervical or lumbar, the sad part is the disc above and below the fusion, will start to breakdown as they now take the brunt of the absorption and impact. Please do yourself the right to check all options and second opinions. Good luck....

Missed work yesterday and left early today due to the extreme pain in my neck. Went to the Dr, xrays taken, and looks like some more surgery on my neck to fuse 2 vertabrae just above the 2 that were fused in 2000. He still wants to have an MRI, so after that is done we will have to get down to some serious discussion about my future,:confused24: work wise that is, who knows I may spend the last days before retirement out on disability...............And How Was Your Day??[/]

Lewis,

When discs in a spine get fused, whether it be the cervical or lumbar, the sad part is the disc above and below the fusion, will start to breakdown as they now take the brunt of the absorption and impact. Please do yourself the right to check all options and second opinions. Good luck....

YES!!!!!!!!!!! And there is no turning back with fusion!! Also, back when I was going thru it I sent my "porfolio" to some surgeons in Chicago who were taking guinee pigs for actual disc replacement - I was turned down cause of fractured bone BUT I am sure that has come a long ways, might wanna inquire about it if it comes to actual fusion!

Like our buddy said, check out all the options before doing anything!

I RETIRED LAST MARCH & HAD A NEW (TO ME) SCOOT TO RIDE, GOT IN 11,000 MILES BEFORE I CRASHED. SPENT THE LAST 3 MONTHS SLOWLY LEARNING TO WALK :backinmyday:& RE-BUILDING MY ATROPHIED MUSCLES. ALL THIS MAKES ME GRATEFUL THAT THE BODY CAN HEAL ALTHOUGH IT IS A SLOW PROCESS, ESPECIALLY AT 7O YEARS OLD. GIVE YOUR SELF TIME AND KEEP LOOKING FORWARD. :cool10:

Everyone who quit smoking, drinking, dieted and stopped chasing girls, are going through the same things. At least we have are going with a smile!!!:stickinouttounge:

Best of prayers for all of us "Old Folks" and a special prayer for all our young wounded warriors.

Quit chasing GIRLS??? Oh yeah the Warden said I did......:whistling: Right after she wanted to learn to shoot.:think:

Quit chasing GIRLS??? Oh yeah the Warden said I did......:whistling: Right after she wanted to learn to shoot.:think:

:rotf::rotf:

I somehow KNEW this was gonna come up.. And the important thing to learn here boys and girls is to never teach your wife to shoot :rotf:

Ouch, man that hurt,,, Tippy was reading over my shoulder,,, ouch,,, also might wanna only buy the type of frying pans that dont have handles..

That Yammer Dan is nothing but trouble!! :depressed:

:rotf::rotf:

I somehow KNEW this was gonna come up.. And the important thing to learn here boys and girls is to never teach your wife to shoot :rotf:

Ouch, man that hurt,,, Tippy was reading over my shoulder,,, ouch,,, also might wanna only buy the type of frying pans that dont have handles..

That Yammer Dan is nothing but trouble!! :depressed:

Who is that guy anyway???:whistling: