IGNORED

When is Oberlin MD Weekend ??

dingy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin:

I'll bring my yacht and we can have races in the pond.

Nice!

Did you build that?

I've been entertaining thoughts of building wooden boats for many years.

I have yet to fulfill the dream. One (of several) reason (excuse) is that, currently my shop intended for wood working/boat building, is occupied with Ventures in various states of repair. Hogging much valuable space meant for boat building.

HEY...I did NOT say that. Don't be getting me into trouble...I can do that all by myself. :whistling:

First we're CLOWNS....then we are a bunch of IDIOTS or something like that (cant remember the exact words he used in his garage last year) AND NOW we are full of CRAP..!!!! Its amazing this guy has any friends at all...............and we pay him $12.00 a year to do it to us over and over again....!!!!!!:stirthepot: :stirthepot: my feelings are hurt...........................:fnd_(16):

Kevin:

Yes, I have built about 6 or 7 canoes, kayaks, etc over the years. This "yacht" is a pirogue and is built without any metal fasteners. It's 17 feet long, and made with spruce frames and 1/8" birch luan plywood. Weighs 38 lbs. The plans are available for free on the Internet. PM me if you want more info.

Jim

Kevin:

Yes, I have built about 6 or 7 canoes, kayaks, etc over the years. This "yacht" is a pirogue and is built without any metal fasteners. It's 17 feet long, and made with spruce frames and 1/8" birch luan plywood. Weighs 38 lbs. The plans are available for free on the Internet. PM me if you want more info.

Jim

Hey Jim....looks like that boat has a hole in it right up at the bow (or stern) I see a black patch....like right thru it!!!!!!:stickpoke:

Steve:

That is to let the water out that splashes over the gunwalls in heavy seas. :whistling:

Actually, the frame is not centered on the long sheet of plywood. It is just sitting loose on top of the plywood.

If you look at the photo in post #25, there is a waterproof hatch in the bow compartment. This compartment acts as a buoyancy chamber and keeps the canoe afloat if it swamps. There is also a chamber in the stern. The two chambers will support the yacht and two paddlers even when completely full of water.

Edited by Jayceesfolly

Kevin:

Jim

If I ever need a clamp, I know who to call!:thumbsup: Great looking project Jim.

Craig

So let me get this straight, next year's MD is going to be for boats???:confused24:

By the time the MD rolls around, Don's boat (do we have a name for it yet?) will be in need of some "expert" maintenance.

Perhaps, a "road" test in the pond when the maintenance is done. We could use one of the First Gens to pull it out of the pond when the test is over.

Nobody is gonna make us wear turd noses are they Tom? :whistling:

Maybe we should get one for Don.

Margaret

I aint gonna wear and turd, forth or fifth nose to MD.....and thats that............:whistling: but, the KINKY diaper thing .....hmmmmmm:whistling:

Mini I see you are causing trouble......I am so proud!

So now let me get this straight, we have to have a boat to come to MD next year, and we are no longer clowns but turds. And Big Tom is giving up his bloomers for a large depends..

I am with Bobbie, I just want the Apple Pie and whatever in the heck Eileen kept giving in me in the jello shots thingies.attachment.php?attachmentid=80843&stc=1&d=1383345927 I just do not think Ron would buy us a boat for a two day event.

Yama Mama:smile5:

How did you miss out on the Jello shots. I was pushing them everywhere. I mean I was offering them everywhere. Yeah that it's offering not forcing people against their will. Nope not me. :)

Oh Peggy that pic might get us in trouble at MD next year if that's how we have to hand out the jello shots. :stirthepot:

Margaret

How did you miss out on the Jello shots. I was pushing them everywhere. I mean I was offering them everywhere. Yeah that it's offering not forcing people against their will. Nope not me. :)

Oh Peggy that pic might get us in trouble at MD next year if that's how we have to hand out the jello shots. :stirthepot:

Margaret

I don't see a problem with it!:whistling: