IGNORED

Ignitech TCI group buy

dingy

I am working on getting another group buy together for Ignitech replacement TCI's. If interested PM me.

$255 USD, includes priority shipping to USA address.

$7.00 extra if using PayPal to cover my fees. I don't want to get personal marked payments as PayPal will get irritated with many of those coming in. I will also take checks or Money Orders.

USB-COM cable to connect TCI to laptop is $20 extra, very handy if you want to adjust settings and fine tune to your setup.

Replacement Ignition Control module for 1983-1993 Venture's.

TCI will be configured for specific year of buyers bike through adapter cable & software setup.

Ignitech TCI features:

Timing advance can be programed based upon RPM's & vacuum.

TCI has a rev limiter that can be set in 100 RPM increments.

Dwell setting has four options: Short, Long Manual & Auto. This feature allows use of Coil over Plug (COP’s) without need for adding resistors in coil circuit.

2 input circuits, selections are: Off, Kill Switch, Blocking, Clutch Master, Clutch Master inverse input, Start Limiter & retard settings.

Setting to disable ignition when first starting from 0~40 revs, helps clear cylinders out.

Timing advance is fully controllable based on RPM and vacuum.

The Ignitech TCI module has two power outputs that can be set to trigger at programmable RPM & vacuum (MAP) settings. Last picture is of the settings screen for this option attached. In the screen shot the 1st power out is set to special. There is a truth table with 12 boxes in it, RPM's at top which can be set in 100 rpm increments and MAP (TPS) sensor readings on left side. As I checked blocks in screen, this output would have 12 volts on it when RPM is below 4000 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is between 4000 & 12,500 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is above 14000 and MAP is below 75%, then one other point when RPM is between 4000 and 12,500 and MAP is above 90%. These are all just random numbers that serve really no purpose other than to illustrate what TCI can do. Fuel pump relay output can be selected as one of the two power outputs.

Two year warranty by manufacturer.

Screen shots of software attached.

First picture is of kit contents.

Included in kit:

Ignitech TCI

Adapter cable that allows TCI to be Plug & Play replacement for existing TCI

One bar MAP sensor, replaces one on bike, the stock unit has been known to have failed.

High temperature Velco for mounting TCI & MAP Sensor. Alcohol pads for cleaning Velcro mount areas.

Dielectric grease for electrical connectors.

15 wire zip ties

Additional pins for Ignitech harness for use in adding optional features.

CD with software for customizing the Ignitech programming.

6 foot USB to TCI adapter cable, interfaces with windows based computer for customized programing. This is only needed if buyer wants to work with programming TCI when hooked up to a computer. $20 additional.

TCI will be programed for year & model of 1983-193 Venture.

Installation procedure is to unhook the 6 pin & 8 pin from stock TCI, the supplied adapter cable connects to the 6 & 8 pin connectors on bike. The MAP sensor will be shipped hooked up to adapter cable. Supplied vacuum cable is connected to the existing vacuum port, which is connected to #2 carb on left side of motor generally. Stock vacuum sensor can remain in place on bike, but is not used. TCI & MAP sensor are mounted using velcro to available location on bike.

Fully sealed unit, all electronics are epoxy encapsulated.

Package will be shipped USPS priority mail, insured & will require a signature upon receipt.

Priority USA shipping included in price. PM me for other locations.

Gary

Edited by dingy
Added PayPal fee I missed in post.

Setting to disable ignition when first starting from 0~40 revs, helps clear cylinders out.

That'd probably also help with hot starts. It'd let the engine start spinning and build up speed before the spark started and then it wouldn't kick back as bad.

• 3 weeks later...
I am working on getting another group buy together for Ignitech replacement TCI's. If interested PM me.

I will discount cost for prepaid orders $15.

I may be getting a smaller MAP sensor with this group. I have a unit from my supplier that I haven't tried yet, but it is half the size of previous units and half the size.

USB-COM cable to connect TCI to laptop is $20 extra, very handy if you want to adjust settings and fine tune to your setup.

TCI will be configured for specific year of buyers bike through adapter cable & software setup.

Ignitech TCI features:

Dwell setting has four options: Short, Long Manual & Auto. This feature allows use of Coil over Plug (COP’s) without need for adding resistors in coil circuit.

2 input circuits, selections are: Off, Kill Switch, Blocking, Clutch Master, Clutch Master inverse input, Start Limiter & retard settings.

The Ignitech TCI module has two power outputs that can be set to trigger at programmable RPM & vacuum (MAP) settings. Last picture is of the settings screen for this option attached. In the screen shot the 1st power out is set to special. There is a truth table with 12 boxes in it, RPM's at top which can be set in 100 rpm increments and MAP (TPS) sensor readings on left side. As I checked blocks in screen, this output would have 12 volts on it when RPM is below 4000 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is between 4000 & 12,500 and MAP is below 75%, also when RPM is above 14000 and MAP is below 75%, then one other point when RPM is between 4000 and 12,500 and MAP is above 90%. These are all just random numbers that serve really no purpose other than to illustrate what TCI can do. Fuel pump relay output can be selected as one of the two power outputs.

Included in kit:

Ignitech TCI

One bar MAP sensor, replaces one on bike, the stock unit has been known to have failed.

High temperature Velco for mounting TCI & MAP Sensor. Alcohol pads for cleaning Velcro mount areas.

15 wire zip ties

6 foot USB to TCI adapter cable, interfaces with windows based computer for customized programing. This is only needed if buyer wants to work with programming TCI when hooked up to a computer. $20 additional.

Installation procedure is to unhook the 6 pin & 8 pin from stock TCI, the supplied adapter cable connects to the 6 & 8 pin connectors on bike. The MAP sensor will be shipped hooked up to adapter cable. Supplied vacuum cable is connected to the existing vacuum port, which is connected to #2 carb on left side of motor generally. Stock vacuum sensor can remain in place on bike, but is not used. TCI & MAP sensor are mounted using velcro to available location on bike.

Package will be shipped USPS priority mail, insured & will require a signature upon receipt.

Gary

I am new to this site so not really sure I how to respond. I have an 83. Need new TCI and am interested. Bike has rebuilt 85 carbs. Don't know if that makes a difference in mapping...thx

I will try to get them ordered 1st week of December.

With the 85 I would think you would be having problems with the bike if it still has an 83 TCI in it. The 83's with original carbs pulled vacuum from above the throttle plate on #2 carb. 83 was only year to have this port, other than California bikes for smog system. The 84-93 bikes get vacuum from below the throttle plates. These 2 sources of vacuum have an opposite pressure curve. The vacuum is supposed to advance timing when bike is under load via the boost sensor. What yours is probably doing is not advancing timing at all due to load, which will not allow it to perform to motors ability.

Gary

I will discount cost for prepaid orders $15.

I may be getting a smaller MAP sensor with this group. I have a unit from my supplier that I haven't tried yet, but it is half the size of previous units and half the size.

Ignitech TCI features:

Included in kit:

Ignitech TCI

15 wire zip ties

Gary

Thanx for the response Gary. I have a 1983 and am interested on paying you right up front. How do I go about that? I want the USB cable. I am assuming that I would be paying $260 as I want to pay in advance and I want the cable. Need to know how to pay you...thx

I am going to get TCI's ordered about 1st of December.

PM me if interested.

Also, I missed $7.00 extra if using PayPal to cover my fees. I don't want to get personal marked payments as PayPal will get irritated with many of those coming in. I will also take checks or Money Orders.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Current software version is 131203a_tcip4A_v88.exe

Model name is TCIP4 - 4 channel

Other than the 2nd group I bought in January 2012, I have not had a single complaint. I have sold 66 TCI's after that 2nd group purchase. I personally think it is fixed. I am running a TCI from the 2nd group with later software in it and have not had the hesitation problem in 2 years.

I have 4 TCI's left right now. It's spring time and they are starting to sell again, sold 4 in the last week, none since February before that.

Gary

I will try to get them ordered 1st week of December.

With the 85 I would think you would be having problems with the bike if it still has an 83 TCI in it. The 83's with original carbs pulled vacuum from above the throttle plate on #2 carb. 83 was only year to have this port, other than California bikes for smog system. The 84-93 bikes get vacuum from below the throttle plates. These 2 sources of vacuum have an opposite pressure curve. The vacuum is supposed to advance timing when bike is under load via the boost sensor. What yours is probably doing is not advancing timing at all due to load, which will not allow it to perform to motors ability.

Gary

Gary,, its folks like you (and others) who are willing to share this kind of info that helps make VR what it is!! This whole thread is FULL of really cool stuff and GREAT info!!!

THANK YOU GARY (and to all you other gear heads who share info)!:thumbsup:

Puc

Got a couple of questions. If I got one for my 83, and maybe later put a later model engine and carbs, would I have to reprogram the unit? Also, have you had any feedback on any gas mileage changes, better or worse, on those that have gone with the Ignitech?

Thanks, RandyA

83-89 Ignitech TCI's are the same, I supply a plug that will block of the port on the carbs for an 83 bike. The vacuum is then attached to the #2 intake port where the sync hookup is done.

I do not have any feedback other than Twigg said he experienced a little lower mileage on one of his long distance runs I believe. This was one of the ones from the 2nd group, that was experiencing the very rare but disconcerting dropouts for about a second at low RPM's.

Gary

83-89 Ignitech TCI's are the same, I supply a plug that will block of the port on the carbs for an 83 bike. The vacuum is then attached to the #2 intake port where the sync hookup is done.

I do not have any feedback other than Twigg said he experienced a little lower mileage on one of his long distance runs I believe. This was one of the ones from the 2nd group, that was experiencing the very rare but disconcerting dropouts for about a second at low RPM's.

Gary

Gary, as you know I had an Ignitech on my '90 and I recovered the Ignitech after the wreck. I don't plan to install the '90s Ignitech into the '91, because I am not experiencing the strange behaviors of the '90 OEM TCI that caused me to change to the Ignitech. I am going to use the '90 OEM TCI as a spare for the '91.

Will we be able to utilize the Ignitech that was originally intended for use on the '90 on my '83? Or is the Ignitech I have only workable on '90-'93 model Ventures?

Gary, as you know I had an Ignitech on my '90 and I recovered the Ignitech after the wreck. I don't plan to install the '90s Ignitech into the '91, because I am not experiencing the strange behaviors of the '90 OEM TCI that caused me to change to the Ignitech. I am going to use the '90 OEM TCI as a spare for the '91.

Will we be able to utilize the Ignitech that was originally intended for use on the '90 on my '83? Or is the Ignitech I have only workable on '90-'93 model Ventures?

To move one from an 83-89 bike to a 90-93 bike requires a different adapter cable and the TCI to be reprogrammed.

I have extra adapter cables & MAP sensors I can get you. Difference in cables is due to change from single to 4 pickup coils.

Reprogramming TCI can be done via a USB-Com cable. If you don't have the cable I will reprogram tci or get you part # of cable I furnish atTigerdirect.com. The cable is not readily avaliable at radio shack or best buy stores.

Gary

Edited by dingy

To move one from an 83-89 bike to a 90-93 bike requires a different adapter cable and the TCI to be reprogrammed.

I have extra adapter cables & MAP sensors I can get you Difference in cables is due to change from single to 4 pickup coils.

Reprogramming TCI can be done via a USB-Com cable. If you don't have the cable i will reprogramtci or get you part # of cable I furnish atTigerdirect.com. The cale is not readily avaliable at radio shack or best buy stores.

Gary

Thanks, Gary.

Soon I will be getting a new harness and a MAP sensor from you for the '83.

As for the reprogramming, I have the USB cable required.

I'm kind of a late comer to the Ingitech upgrade. Was happy with my reconditioned TCI I've had in for several years with a couple of spare units, one them a NOS unit. Last year i was in a position where it it looked like i was going to let the bike go so of course i sold off my spare parts.

Last month i had a minor accident and went down. I took a beating but the bike survived well. Of course a few days later it started the tach drop off and could not Rev over 2,500 rpms. I knew what the problem was.

Lil trouble shooting with Dingy and he had an Ingitech upgrade kit in the mail to me in short order.

So i got the Kit installed today in pretty much a roadside repair style. Gary's included directions were spot on and made it slick to do and his included kit was everything needed.

Perfect. Back to running and another upgrade on the bike. Not a bad project for a limerock driveway on a windy clammy day.

Gary, thanks for pulling all this together and setting up these units. Outstanding service.

Mike

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.