IGNORED

An ounce of prevention...

CaptainJoe

Daughter rode her expensive ten speed to college. Bought a lock and lights on the way to school. put the lock on before class went out at brake to put new batteries in the lights. Now she is the proud owner of a cheap lock and fresh unused batteries. Seems we work so people can take what we pay for Then we work so that these people can have public defenders(free) three meals (they don't tip the waitress) and TV (it must be sooo painful to have to share the remote) I blame it on the example our gov't sets. We can't go to national parks while the people in charge go to lunch and write it off while talking about the Hamptons. We get that bill too! Funny don't feel any better after this rant. :225:

Daughter rode her expensive ten speed to college. Bought a lock and lights on the way to school. put the lock on before class went out at brake to put new batteries in the lights. Now she is the proud owner of a cheap lock and fresh unused batteries. Seems we work so people can take what we pay for Then we work so that these people can have public defenders(free) three meals (they don't tip the waitress) and TV (it must be sooo painful to have to share the remote) I blame it on the example our gov't sets. We can't go to national parks while the people in charge go to lunch and write it off while talking about the Hamptons. We get that bill too! Funny don't feel any better after this rant. :225:

Basically, they broke into the garage he first nite and the WV state troopers said they would be back...

and they were, the next nite(broke into house)and had power turned off. trooper said they were doing that because they intended to strip the copper wire out...

I just put a new furnace and central air conditioner a few onths ago...

The third nite i stayed in house all nite long with my friends Mr. Smith and Wesson and Mr. RUGER.

I'm not playing anymore.

My wife was at my side with the 410 shotgun and a .38

She was in the Army an likes to shoot...

Edited by CaptainJoe

With all that firepower you are going to drive more vermin towards Calif ( as if we don't have enough already) Guess I need to get down to the store and buy more vermin size shotgun shells.

Even a .410 packs a punch with the right ammo...:whistling:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqQcNYoX4Q].410 Vs. Rhino Trama Plate - YouTube[/ame]

Security system in...

Dusk to dawn lights in...

dead bolts installed...

Now if i could just find a place that will insure the farm...

Hitting pawn shops tomorrow with model and serial nos...

put a half page ad in tradersguide offering a $300 reward...

Edited by CaptainJoe

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on the recovery of your stuff. Hope everything is returned and the thieves learn their lesson. For insurance try the farm mutual companies. ( Germania, RVOS, Hoheim(sp)), maybe these folks who regularly insure rural properties can help.

Bill

jakester- thanks for the tip

Found one in Ravenswood that wants $700 yr. for "seasonal coverage" but it must have things in place, to live in it which it doesn't, as i gutted the place and am starting over. Something about seeing extension cords taped to 12 gauge wire with no ground kind of made me pull the meter base and install new breaker box with all new wiring...

should have done one room at a time .... hindsights 20/20

My own Ins co. landfried, wants $450 yr. for just fire ins. They won't insure for anything else till someones living in it. they did agree to extend liability Ins. to that property for just $20

Reinyrooster, Dan,

I sure would like to, but, with the lawyers (ACLU) and upside down court system, the guy would not only get free lawyers... but would end up with everything else I own. :bang head:

That's why the trooper is going to wait for the felony charges. One item taken to a pawn shop is a misdemeanor . multiple documented stolen items taken to different pawn shops by the same guy is a felony.