IGNORED

Wingsuit flight

Venturous Randy

Copied this from the National Geographic Website.

There are many qualified wingsuit instructors across the country, with first flight courses starting at $100. Options include Texas Wingsuit Academy in Texas (www.texaswingsuitacademy.com), Z-Hills in Florida (www.z-flock.com), WestCoast Wingsuits in California (www.westcoastwingsuits.com), Flock University in Massachusetts (http://www.flockuniversity.org) or Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy in Maryland (www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray).

Being a fan of crazy stuff I've tried a lot of things. Being a big Guy, 6'2" and close to 300 lbs most my life its been challenging.

Hot air ballooning...... kept staring at the floor of the wicker basket and making sure i didn't set my hair on fire.

Wind Surfing...... you have any idea of how far that "normal" sized board stays under water with a big Guy on it?

Sky diving...... i had concerns. The instructors assurred me i would be fine. If needed they could rig me a chute they use for dropping Jeeps.

Funny guys.

Rock Climbing....you know they don't use steel cable...at all.

Then i saw the Wingsuits. Too cool. I really like that. Saw a video of a Guy "threading the needle" through a crack in a mountain. Too hot!

So i started studying up on glide ratios.

I think I'll set this one out. I got a bucket list but it don't involve a spatula used with the bucket.

So I'll be wimping out on that one. Ya know ... . Live to fight another day and all that rot. LOL.

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft?

HuH...What???

As far a buzzing unpopulated mountains, you could do the same thing in a plane.

The main difference being; an airplane has power, power IS altitude...

this would be much more exciting:

http://www.flyingmag.com/pilots-places/pilots-adventures-more/video-landing-and-takeoff-youve-never-seen?cmpid=enews092413&spPodID=030&spMailingID=17927470&spUserID=NDc4NjE4NTk1OQS2&spJobID=231200914&spReportId=MjMxMjAwOTE0S0

No thanks on the wing suit...they should take a spoon and bucket along...just in case