International Rally Grand Prize Suggestions

Freebird

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm reviewing the ideas, for items for 50/50's or Silent Auctions

so far some of the things I know I can get.

A 5 night stay on Sanibel Island, Florida http://www.gbreeze.com

A 5 night stay at the Blue Mountain Cabin rentals, Helen Georgia

MC gift cards

Gas cards

Electrical Parts ( wirings ) LED lights

Diamond Cuts

If there are any members, that would like to help out with the Drawing prizes, please contact me via e-mail @ mmdivers@bellsouth.net

I think that a 5 night stay at ANY one resort is too restrictive.

It reduces the options.

As has already been suggested, a better choice would be a gift certificate for a CHAIN of hotels.

I don't do a lot of long distance rides...but a weekend here or there within a 500 mile radius would be nice.

Someone suggested hotels would be no good because they camp. But come on....as enjoyable as it is, I camp because it is cheaper! PERIOD!

If I could afford to stay at a hotel I KNOW my wife would much rather do that.

AND...as I have said in the past....don't forget parts/bling for us 1st Genners!

:2cents:

Trader has an excellent point! I know I personally would appreciate a $1000 credit for the Hampton Inn or Holiday inn or something like that. I would make the package for something a little more appealing than say Budget or Econolodge and make it a little better chain. The trailers offered in the past have been better than the cheapest we could find but not necessarily the most expensive either...

As a new member I hesitate to opine on this subject. But I do agree with many that cash is always king. Having said that, I also agree that winning a gift card for a national chain of Inn's/Hotels/KOA's etc., would most likely be just the incentive to plan and take longer rides away from the comforts of home. I also am self employed. For those of us that are, there is no such thing as a paid vacation day or sick day. So having a nights stay pre-paid, makes the journey much more palatable. Just my two cents....Whatever is decided, please let me know how to purchase my ticket!!...Cheers all!!

Brake Pad....that is a good idea. Not for the Grand Prize but for a door prize or drawing. One winner will get a lifetime membership to VentureRider.org. It's a done deal. :)

Now is that YOUR lifetime or ours?

Just wondering 'cause you are SO MUCH older than most of us:stickpoke:

After being involved with trailer at Intnational last year, I found that there are a lot of people that make donations to the drawing but are unable to attend. This would make hotel accomidations a turn off for those that could not be present. The donation value of hotel accomidations would be limited, unlike what a trailer is if winner didn't want it, and entered just to help the VR site.

I would suggest a tiered cash award prize ala 50/50 but with at least 3 winners. I do think there would be more people prone to enter for a cash prize rather than tangible items like a trailer, gps, clothing etc. Peolple in general are very good at spending cash. The trailer concept is appealing to a lot less people than say $750 1st prize would be.

Gary

I myself would agree with this concept as well as TRADER, as far the prizes could wind up a longer, drawn out process= less time to meet, greet, chit chat and ride. Almost all of us know how to spend cash, as well as we are spending time and money to get there. Perhaps making it as nice for as many as possible and to not hurt anyone's " prize" feelings is to do either cash, gift card etc. quick, easy and all will use and easy to take back...

Edited by Barrycuda

You got a good point there Barry, a few folks had to make alternate arrangements to get some of the door prizes home from Vogel. Wont have anything that big next time...............I even had to bring some back with me..........:no-no-no::no-no-no:

I myself would agree with this concept as well as TRADER, as far the prizes could wind up a longer, drawn out process= less time to meet, greet, chit chat and ride. Almost all of us know how to spend cash, as well as we are spending time and money to get there. Perhaps making it as nice for as many as possible and to not hurt anyone's " prize" feelings is to do either cash, gift card etc. quick, easy and all do will use and easy to take back...

We have done the tiered 50/50 in the past to raise money for the SAF and it worked out quite well.

Lets say you raise 1000.00 in the 50/50. First place receives $500.00. Second place gets 250. Third place gets 125.00. That still leaves 125.00 for the SAF.

Makes a lot more folks happy and a bit more willing to buy tickets.

:15_8_211[1]:

Folks, one thing that you have to keep in mind in regard to the prizes. Most of the time some are donated and/or deeply discounted for us. That is why the value of some of the prizes is often worth much more than what you could give out in cash. For example, some of you have recommended a gift card for a hotel chain or something like that as opposed to a weekend getaway somewhere. So maybe, I'm not saying it's the case this time, the weekend getaway was donated or deeply discounted. It is a nice prize and though maybe somebody wins it that may not be able to use it, wouldn't we be kind of dumb to refuse such a nice donation?

I wouldn't call that a 50/50, only one person is getting 50%, if true the other 50 would go to the SAF, which wouldnt be bad for building that fund back up.:mo money::mo money:

We have done the tiered 50/50 in the past to raise money for the SAF and it worked out quite well.

Lets say you raise 1000.00 in the 50/50. First place receives $500.00. Second place gets 250. Third place gets 125.00. That still leaves 125.00 for the SAF.

Makes a lot more folks happy and a bit more willing to buy tickets.

:15_8_211[1]: