IGNORED

Bittersweet Day

Freebird

Hey Boss don't I remember something about you making center stands for 2nd Gens?? How come it don't have one??:think: You were right. It is dirty!! Start one one piece and 10 more call to you!:duck:

A few years ago, I an order for a stand and didn't have any made up. I took mine off and shipped it to the buyer. I always planned to make some more but never did. So...........now you know the "rest of the story". :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learned a bit about it today, They are two different animals. All I done today was move it around a little. heavy as a 1st Gen! That clutch will take a little getting used to. I can turn the radio on!! Just checking it out and keeping a eye on Brown Sugar. Alone in that garage togather tonight......:whistling:

Dan, you don't need to worry about air PERIOD. It has a YSS rear shock that does not use air. It has Sonic Springs in the front that also don't really need air. Just ride and enjoy. Also, all the major maintenance is done. Steering head bearings have been repacked. Valves have been adjusted. Carbs have been removed and floats properly set.

There is a white cord on the left handlebar to plug the Ipod, MP3, whatever into that will play when the radio is set on auxiliary. Rear end oil was recently changed with Mobil synthetic. Engine has, and has always had, Mobil 1 Racing 4T. Current oil has about 100 miles on it.

The only think you might want to do is check the air pressure in the tires.

Just go for a ride already. :)

I guess it does pay to host the big maintenance day every year.

Learned a bit about it today, They are two different animals. All I done today was move it around a little. heavy as a 1st Gen! That clutch will take a little getting used to. I can turn the radio on!! Just checking it out and keeping a eye on Brown Sugar. Alone in that garage togather tonight......:whistling:
:think: HMMMMMMMMMM wonder what a cross between a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen be like?

1 + 2 = 3..........THREE!!!! Yammer's make'n a 3rd Gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool10:
It's about time....Yammer can you make one without the cassett player? We need internet connectivity and a sound media technology that does not go away when there are so many old school players still hanging around.

Spent 6 hrs in doctors office today doing stupid tests!! At least I got to read the manual. Several times!! And to tell that stupid doc. "I told you there was nothing wrong with my heart!!" I did get a weak "well you were right" out of the dumbass!! At least I learned a little from the manual. Now where is that set of V-Max heads???:whistling: Will all that shiny stuff fit them?

My thoughts so far. And this not fair because I haven't taken it out yet. Sit them side by side with 0 miles all new and shiny. I'm still a 1st Gen man! I don't think this is fair. Am I hoping it will change?? I don't know. I love my 1st Gens but something just said I had to have this one. A thought....I have short legs to be as tall as I am. Only 30 inch inseam. Havent set pegs to me yet. I can understand why Don don't fit that well on 1st Gen but they fit me perfect!! 2nd Gen the way it is set up is a long reach but I can flat foot it with my short legs!! I can't do that on 1st gen always got one foot or the other up on toe.

My thoughts so far. And this not fair because I haven't taken it out yet. Sit them side by side with 0 miles all new and shiny. I'm still a 1st Gen man! I don't think this is fair. Am I hoping it will change?? I don't know. I love my 1st Gens but something just said I had to have this one. A thought....I have short legs to be as tall as I am. Only 30 inch inseam. Havent set pegs to me yet. I can understand why Don don't fit that well on 1st Gen but they fit me perfect!! 2nd Gen the way it is set up is a long reach but I can flat foot it with my short legs!! I can't do that on 1st gen always got one foot or the other up on toe.
True, the more important point is: When you get tired of fixing on the 1st Gens you can hop on the 2nd Gen and go for a ride.

Spent 6 hrs in doctors office today doing stupid tests!! At least I got to read the manual. Several times!! And to tell that stupid doc. "I told you there was nothing wrong with my heart!!" I did get a weak "well you were right" out of the dumbass!! At least I learned a little from the manual. Now where is that set of V-Max heads???:whistling: Will all that shiny stuff fit them?
Glad that worked out for you. It feels great to be able to prove the Doctors wrong. Years ago they told me I would never walk again.... Screw that, watch me run was my answer.

2nd Gen the way it is set up is a long reach but I can flat foot it with my short legs!! I can't do that on 1st gen always got one foot or the other up on toe.

That was the first thing I noticed too Dan! It also felt too wide for me. BTW I'm 29" inseam myself...

Glad that worked out for you. It feels great to be able to prove the Doctors wrong. Years ago they told me I would never walk again.... Screw that, watch me run was my answer.

Yeah they once told my family that if I did wake up I would be vegetable. Took 13 day nap and morning they were going to unplug me I woke up!! Some strange stories about that experience.

Mine has the Diamond R Leveling links. Could lower it another inch (I think I would really like that) but Don about convinced me to leave them. There is no air in front with the Sonic springs. On my 1st Gen even with Progressives I keep just a little air in there to keep system honest and working. Good idea??I would have to find pump for this one:think:.