IGNORED

Touring Hogs website now live

Freebird

Just tried going there, my work filter blocked the site. Said it was potentially harmful, what is my computer trying to tell me?!? :stickpoke:

Here's hoping that the site gets going well and attracts a good group on there too. I really enjoy this site and the people on it, I know it's a reflection of you why it's that way.

-Andrew

Hey now just 'cause some of these guys are a little long in the tooth doesn't mean ya get to call them antiques. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Good luck Don. Oh I see something coming in your future at MD. Hmmmm what could we get the man that has a harley? :whistling:

Margaret

Something that leaks....:whistling:

Don, congratulations and I wish you the best with the start up of the new site.

You have done an excellent job with this site and lots of people have become friends and much more knowledgable about their bike. If you can do the same thing for people riding Harley's that is terrific.

Yes Condor, a very small handful of people did but not many. You would be fairly surprised at the amount of money I spent on this site in those early days. Even more so, the number of hours that I spent. I still spend a LOT of time taking care of things but it is a lot easier now that it is pretty stable.

Very few people seem to have a problem paying a dollar a month to participate here. I THINK that is a number that anybody can afford and more than covers the costs here and yes, makes some profit.

I really don't know why anybody would have a problem with somebody making a little money for the hours of time and effort that they spend working on something but there may be those that do and if that is the case, I guess they just have a different way of looking at things.

Don !

I sincerely hope that you are making some money by keeping this site up and running. I do not think that you will live to see the day that you will break even with the effort, time and money you have spent on this site and its members through the years, regardless of how much money you will make. If you are making a profit then you have earned that hundred times over in my eyes.

Wish you all the best with your new site - :)

Jonas / StarFan

More Oil................

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hey now just 'cause some of these guys are a little long in the tooth doesn't mean ya get to call them antiques. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Good luck Don. Oh I see something coming in your future at MD. Hmmmm what could we get the man that has a harley? :whistling:

Margaret

Yes Condor, a very small handful of people did but not many. You would be fairly surprised at the amount of money I spent on this site in those early days. Even more so, the number of hours that I spent. I still spend a LOT of time taking care of things but it is a lot easier now that it is pretty stable.

Very few people seem to have a problem paying a dollar a month to participate here. I THINK that is a number that anybody can afford and more than covers the costs here and yes, makes some profit.

I really don't know why anybody would have a problem with somebody making a little money for the hours of time and effort that they spend working on something but there may be those that do and if that is the case, I guess they just have a different way of looking at things. I will say this also, NOBODY has ever been kicked out of this site for their lack of ability to pay the dues. There have been a small number of people who have told me that they were going to have to let their memberships expire due to very difficult situations. I have always extended them free membership until things get better for them.

Ya know Don, I don't know how my post got interpreted as a complaint about supporting dues on this board. Remember I'm the guy that sells the fork braces to supporting members only, and occasionally sends you the $12 bucks to upgrade a trial member's status to supporting.

When asking about the lack of a donation button, I may have pushed the wrong button, and for that I'm sorry. I just hope that your new site endeavor becomes self supporting by lots of Harley owners and ends up a great success. On the flip side, if it doesn't you can always set up a Harley Tech Forum ala for GoldWing's on VR'org.....

Good luck on the new site Don. I hope it brings good people together like this site has. If so it will work out great and be great like this site. I know this site will go away sometime because nothing last forever, but i hope its not because of the bikes we chose to ride. There's just great people here and im proud to be a part of this.:080402gudl_prv:

don, congratulations and i wish you the best with the start up of the new site.

You have done an excellent job with this site and lots of people have become friends and much more knowledgable about their bike. If you can do the same thing for people riding harley's that is terrific.

for sure!