IGNORED

Touring Hogs website now live

Freebird

OK folks, this is the official announcement of my newest website, Touring Hogs. Dedicated to Harley Davidson touring class motorcycles. Whether you are a rider, passenger or just enjoy the discussion, I hope you will visit and join now. I still have a lot of work to do on the site but it is now functional and officially online. Please spread the word to all your Harley riding friends.

http://www.touringhogs.com

Yea, listen to you. I tell you what, I will GLADLY upgrade this forum to the newer version but you will be the FIRST one to have a little hissy fit. :) You are the one who uses our home page to see the list of current posts and etc. That is not available on the other site.

There are MANY customizations here that are not compatible with the new software and if I could have, I would have used this same software on that site. Unfortunately, much of what I have done here is no longer possible when starting a new site.

But hey...if all of you want me to upgrade and totally change this site, let me know. :whistling:

Looks like an interesting site, but I wasn't able to stay for long. My laptop started to vibrate and drip oil! I also started to feel this uncontrollable urge to buy a $60 T-shirt and drink a full case of beer! I'll try another look later after things settle down.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Andy

I joined, and as I was cruising through the threads ,I had to stop and pick some of them up as they fell off the forum structure. I could Hardley notice though as the lack of muffled noise seemed to distract me. You know what they say " Loud threads saves lives" :rotf:

:rasberry:

Folks lets try to keep it clean for Don he has reopened his Harley forum last thing he needs right now is fun loving trash talk we all know and Don as well

But someone new to the site may take it the wrong way and not join so let's give Don 100% support on this venture

Don spent a lot of time and money on this so please keep it clean

Buddy

Edited by buddy

OK, it is painfully obvious we are the red head step child now.

The HD site even has newer forum software than the loyal Venturerider.Org site does.

We are on a very slippery slope now.

:crying: :stirthepot: :soapbox:

Gary

The slipping means your behind them. Quick pass time. Oh, redhead child. Now go to your room and make HD noises. With the discontinuance of the Venture there is room for a new site. Maybe Antique Venture Riders.:whistling::D

The slipping means your behind them. Quick pass time. Oh, redhead child. Now go to your room and make HD noises. With the discontinuance of the Venture there is room for a new site. Maybe Antique Venture Riders.:whistling::D

Hey now just 'cause some of these guys are a little long in the tooth doesn't mean ya get to call them antiques. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Good luck Don. Oh I see something coming in your future at MD. Hmmmm what could we get the man that has a harley? :whistling:

Margaret

No, and there wasn't one here for about 5 or so years. I may try the ad supported route there. Not sure yet but unless it takes off, it's not important anyway.

In the first 5 years quite a few of us used to 'donate' money to help out with the out of pocket expenses of maintaining VR.org.

Yes Condor, a very small handful of people did but not many. You would be fairly surprised at the amount of money I spent on this site in those early days. Even more so, the number of hours that I spent. I still spend a LOT of time taking care of things but it is a lot easier now that it is pretty stable.

Very few people seem to have a problem paying a dollar a month to participate here. I THINK that is a number that anybody can afford and more than covers the costs here and yes, makes some profit.

I really don't know why anybody would have a problem with somebody making a little money for the hours of time and effort that they spend working on something but there may be those that do and if that is the case, I guess they just have a different way of looking at things. I will say this also, NOBODY has ever been kicked out of this site for their lack of ability to pay the dues. There have been a small number of people who have told me that they were going to have to let their memberships expire due to very difficult situations. I have always extended them free membership until things get better for them.

I'm expecting that there will still be a one day maintenance day for VR.org... just wondering how many days a Harley maintenance day will be. Takes time to trouble shoot leaks and rebuild motors.

:rasberry:

Well first they will have to take BIG trailer and retrace all the routes they took to get there, then spend at least 3 or 4 days picking up the parts that fell off. And they will also devout 2 two days for finding and trying to stop oil leaks. Then once the trailer gets back from the parts pickup run some one will have to referee the fight that breaks out while they try to sort out who owns what. Then there will have to be a fund raiser for the bail money they will need. Sooooo all told about a week to a week and a half for a MD!:whistling: