IGNORED

Waterproofing a Bunkhouse trailer

Bubber

Recently I got a Bunkhouse trailer and I used it at Pork in the Pines. It rained so the tent got wet. Well I was thinking that the nylon was wet and the water was not beading up. The tent did not leak but it got me to thinking.

Should I spray the tent with some sort of water proofing before I put it away?

Has anyone used a waterproofing on their Bunkhouse ?

Did it work?

Were you satisfied?

Would you do it again?

Would you just leave it alone?

The guy I bought it from had softener sheets (like when you do laundry) all around the bed to keep mice away during storage. Do others do that and does it work for them?

A lot of questions I know, but your help is appreciated.

Bubber

I used the spray waterproofing they have at Walmart, in the tent section, just in case. It rained quite a bit at the International, and mine never leaked a drop, even with stuff touching the sides. Oh yeah, it rained at Don's MD too. Still not a drop.

Don't have a bunkhouse but waterproof the tent and boat cover, and canopy at the beginning of each season. and we have a sunbrella awning on our boat and lift. They recommend spraying 2x with waterproofing Spray on, let dry, spray again let dry then spray on uv protectant let dry.

Following this will also protect the thread from the uv rays and extend the life of your canvas.

No answer to your question (since it is a matter of personal choice), but it does raise a question for me.

Do you think the Bunkhouse was the inspiration for E. Hinkley & Ed Miller when they wrote "Oh no, Don't let the rain come down". :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey, don't blame me. Velma made me ask.....

:15_8_211[1]:

Waterproofing is always a good idea. Make sure you use the right stuff for the material. For synthetics use a silicone based product. For nonsynthethics such as canvas or Egyptian cotton use a paraffin based product. I usually buy it large containers and apply by brush or garden sprayer.