IGNORED

Keep losing my right nut

ediddy

cut a piece of gas line hose about 2 inches long and slide it on over the threads.. it holds the seat on. You can easily pull down on the hose to remove it from the seat bolt when you want to remove the seat...

So, were resorting to rubbers now??:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Oh the shame of it all......

"Don't have to.... she has them hanging from her rearview mirror."

She has mine hanging from the receiver hitch of her truck:confused24:[/quote

this just don't sound right. How did Robin get your nuts?!:think: She doesn't have a receiver hitch or a truck! ROBIN YOU HAVE SOME SPLANIN TO DO!:shock3:

"Don't have to.... she has them hanging from her rearview mirror."

She has mine hanging from the receiver hitch of her truck:confused24:[/quote

this just don't sound right. How did Robin get your nuts?!:think: She doesn't have a receiver hitch or a truck! ROBIN YOU HAVE SOME SPLANIN TO DO!:shock3:

Have you checked the back of your truck lately? :big-grin-emoticon:

I don't have any nuts, I installed rubber grommets , the threads sink down into them and the seat will not come up without some force, it goes right back down and gets tighter as you sit on it.

Having a Roadstar as the other bike it just made sense this modification just HAD to be done. As Roadstar seats pop up like a trunk with the turn of the key.

• 2 years later...

Lost my nuts a couple years ago.

Replaced them with thread couplers from the local hardware store.

If you add a dab of the blue stuff on them they stay in place until you want them to go off.

These work good and are much cheaper than nuts from Yamama.

nuts.JPG

Funny stumbling upon this thread. I have a 1998 Royal Star Tour Classic II that has a seat lock mechanism that opens with the ignition key. Have been wondering why in the world Yamaha did not continue using this for the Venture. This winter I am going to see if I can convert this to work on my Corbin seat on my 2000 Venture. I am pretty sure it can be done without to much trouble. I´ll keep you posted.