IGNORED

Big thanks to Big Mike the diamond cut guy !!

Barrycuda

Last week at vogel, I speak to Mike/eusa1 about his LED touring lights, he says he can help me, no big deal. I order the parts from his fine pics and get what I needed. Over the weekend, all my stuff is here: LED lamps, LED flex lights, soldering iron, light bar extender from slowrollvw.

I proceeded on Saturday to tackle the headlamp which prompted the start of my last thread when Carbon one told me what I was missing. then yesterday I tackle the LED lights. It is my first attempt at lighting and after some high heat and humidity in the garage, I finished last night. BIG SHOUT OF THANKS to Mike, who not only texted words of instructions, but provided pics as well as staying on the phone to explain things that made the whole ordeal better. I will TRY to enclose some pics here, but for some reason multiple pics do not take. they look better than the pics and you can still see the LED flex lights around the LED main lights. Mike said to use amber to accent, but I did not listen bc I have a thick skull. I will try some real night time pics either tonight or tomorrow. these pics were from inside the garage

Mike is a mountain of a man but is as helpful as can be !!

Due to the configuration of my aftermarket light bar, slowrollvw extender, was unable to be put on without crimping the wiring and shorting out the touring lights. I tried 45 different ways but with same result. So...I have this nice piece if anyone is interested,

Barry

[ATTACH]79608[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am also blinded now...LOL!

Good job Barry...and yes, Mike is a heckuva guy! He will help you any way he can. And SMART too!! We have a few guys like that on this site...smart, helpful, all-around great guys. That's what makes this site so great!

So when you quit being so hard headed and LISTEN to them...it will get easier...maybe? LOL. Live and learn. I would say cause you're young...but this slightly older guy that I'm married to often thinks he doesn't need to follow directions either, which then turns into an all night job or just plain costlier. Oh well. At least it keeps him busy. Really, what else did you have to do?

Missing you...we had so much fun at Vogel. Take care and hope the rest of your projects go easier for you.

Yeah, now both LED lights are like mini lighthouses LOL... I do have the RK pipes to change out and am getting great tips from Squidley. My AC went out for 3 days and its been miserable here. Now we are back and running, I am working a lot this month. Will get that under way ASAP.

Patti... Must be a guy thing. And I miss you too !!! Get your backside to florida. We would love to have ya here.

Barry

Wish I could get my backside to Florida...and the front side too! Not much vacation time left tho. May have to plan something for next year. I wouldn't mind the heat...but not sure I could handle NO A/C for 3 days!!! That would definitely be rough. LOl

Say hello to the family and will catch you later.

PS. Definitely a GUY thing, haha!!!

Are those passing lamps the Yamaha lamps with led bulbs, or are they an after market brand with the led bulbs already in them? I installed the Yamaha passing light kit on mine a couple of months ago. I might do the led lights if it's just a bulb swap. I think you did a good job.

Barry I have the LED's from Kury. and the halo rings from them also. I got the ring for the headlight but it would not work on the RSV so I gave it to my brother for his Harley. I have mine hooked to the other LEDs so that they are on when I am parked at some of the shows that I go to.

Are those passing lamps the Yamaha lamps with led bulbs, or are they an after market brand with the led bulbs already in them? I installed the Yamaha passing light kit on mine a couple of months ago. I might do the led lights if it's just a bulb swap. I think you did a good job.

Brian,

Thank you for the nice words. It is a complete change, not just a blb change. I ordered the LED lamps from Northern tools and the outer LED strip from advance auto. My only issue is I should have added the outer LED step in a different accent color. Otherwise it wasn't so hard. Mike helped via phone.

Barry

Barry I have the LED's from Kury. and the halo rings from them also. I got the ring for the headlight but it would not work on the RSV so I gave it to my brother for his Harley. I have mine hooked to the other LEDs so that they are on when I am parked at some of the shows that I go to.

I hear ya... Things wold be certainly a lot easier if aftermarket parts were accessible for RSV as the do HD...