IGNORED

Found this, on New Indian Engine

GeorgeS

Recent article in Cycle world,

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/03/09/exclusive-inside-the-all-new-indian-thunder-stroke-111-v-twin-engine/

And a second article just found:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/15/new-2014-indian-motorcycle-chief-and-chieftain-review-from-sturgis-bike-week/

Read on, lets discuss the engine !!! the rest of the bike will develop with time !! :cool10:

Edited by GeorgeS

I don't like the comment that it could be made to run smooth but they decided to keep some vibration.

I don't believe a Vtwin can be made to run smooth and still perform. every Harley rider I have met says the bike smooths out once the bike gets going, I have ridden Harleys and they vibrate like an old maids delight going down the road, they don't vibrate while stopped at a light they shake.

If Indian can make them smooth they should, but I doubt they can

Al

I wonder if their timing couldn't have been better now that H has released the water cooled twin. Heat has always been an issue wih the H V-twin. Probably the number one complaint since CC size race started. I don't care what they have done to make the Indian engine run cooler, I think they've dropped the ball. I also think they should have scrapped the nostalgia trip on the motor, and came out with something really revolutionary with the Indian Logo slapped on the side... Something that no one else has done. V6??? My :2cents:

should have scrapped the nostalgia trip on the motor, and came out with something really revolutionary with the Indian Logo slapped on the side... Something that no one else has done. V6??? My :2cents:

BMW 1600 is a V6 I believe

Indian could have gone the route Yamaha went and put in a V4 that looks similar to a traditional V twin with a Dolby casset sound system

Al

I don't believe a Vtwin can be made to run smooth and still perform. every Harley rider I have met says the bike smooths out once the bike gets going, I have ridden Harleys and they vibrate like an old maids delight going down the road, they don't vibrate while stopped at a light they shake.

Al

Been how many decades since you last rode a Harley ... or for that matter, any V-twin?

I've been going to Harley demo days for at least the last 10 years and none, not even one of the bikes I've demo'd vibrated "like an old maids delight" (whatever that means) while going down the road. My son rides an '03 Sportster 1200 and it doesn't vibrate "like an old maids delight" either. I now have a Victory V-twin and it's as smooth (maybe even smoother) than my Ventures.... in fact, even my '06 Venture had vibration issues ... that little "buzzing" at certain rpms that could be felt in the hand.

Oh yeah, and perform??? c'mon ... I can pull the front wheel with my Vic in 2nd gear and it will blow your RSV (and most Harleys) off the road.

(V-twin bashers :bang head: ) :stickpoke:

:stirthepot::stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Yamaha makes a dandy v twin in the raider. I have owned one, stupid fast, smooth and around 42 avg mpg. I believe it was advertised as the fastest v twin in production in 08 or 09, 11 sec quarter mile stock. Sold It for a windshield bags and a backrest ( rsv) . To each his own.

Bill

Been how many decades since you last rode a Harley ... or for that matter, any V-twin?

I've been going to Harley demo days for at least the last 10 years and none, not even one of the bikes I've demo'd vibrated "like an old maids delight" (whatever that means) while going down the road. My son rides an '03 Sportster 1200 and it doesn't vibrate "like an old maids delight" either. I now have a Victory V-twin and it's as smooth (maybe even smoother) than my Ventures.... in fact, even my '06 Venture had vibration issues ... that little "buzzing" at certain rpms that could be felt in the hand.

Oh yeah, and perform??? c'mon ... I can pull the front wheel with my Vic in 2nd gear and it will blow your RSV (and most Harleys) off the road.

(V-twin bashers :bang head: ) :stickpoke:

Sorry if my comments hurt your feelings.

last time I rode a v-twin was this morning

I have Demo'd a couple of the Victory's the Kawasaki, and a couple of the Harleys. I still like my Venture the best and my Goldwing second

According to Motorcycle news performance index

Victory cross country quarter mile time 13.12 sec speed 100.36

venture midnight quarter mile time 13.58 sec speed 95.25 mph

so yup your cct is a lot faster thanks to those 500 extra cc and that efficient V-twin and if you want to look at Harleys we are both over a full second faster in the quarter mile than the ultra classic. BTW my Goldwing is over 1 sec faster than the cct in the quarter mile with similar displacement

again I am sorry if my opinions of VTwin bikes hurt your feelings

Al

Recent article in Cycle world,

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/03/09/exclusive-inside-the-all-new-indian-thunder-stroke-111-v-twin-engine/

And a second article just found:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/15/new-2014-indian-motorcycle-chief-and-chieftain-review-from-sturgis-bike-week/

Read on, lets discuss the engine !!! the rest of the bike will develop with time !! :cool10:

I like it. I like the idea the retro look and the styling. Seriously, with that styling, how could it be anything but a Vtwin ?

My only disappointment is the fact they did not engineer some clever water cooling into the bike. (think new Harley)

Then again I had a Suzuki C90 that was air\oil cooled and that engine lasted well over 100K miles.

We can all stir the pot, but my friend that was at Sturgis said that the biggest problem people had with the Indians when they rode them was being forced to get off, so someone else could get a turn.:whistling:

I rode the Indian this last weekend and was blown away by the power and smooth running including the easy shift transmission. The clutch was like cotton candy to engage.

:farmer: