IGNORED

Saddle Sore 1000 started

Freebird

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mailed all my paperwork on Monday morning. Now it's a matter of just waiting for 60 to 90 days for them to confirm it. I ended up right at 1078 miles and almost exactly 18 hours. I understand that they may change the mileage but I think it will be very close to that. It was pretty much a straight shot so not much room for error. The Road Glide speedometer is almost dead on with my GPS...maybe 1 MPH off. Mapping program also agreed with the mileage.

Thats was a great trip Brad , we had some great fun didnt we ?

Yes sir we did, I enjoyed that trip a lot! I distinctly remember all of us coming in on Tennessee 64 out of Cleveland and after a while we realized that we WERE on the Dragon. You took off as you had the lead, followed by me, Freebird and Charlie. I had that trailer on and rode just as fast as I dared with all that crap. I felt bad as Don and Charlie could only ride it as fast as I could push it, had the front wheel off the ground a couple of times in some of those upward hairpins.....too funny

:)

Yes sir we did, I enjoyed that trip a lot! I distinctly remember all of us coming in on Tennessee 64 out of Cleveland and after a while we realized that we WERE on the Dragon. You took off as you had the lead, followed by me, Freebird and Charlie. I had that trailer on and rode just as fast as I dared with all that crap. I felt bad as Don and Charlie could only ride it as fast as I could push it, had the front wheel off the ground a couple of times in some of those upward hairpins.....too funny

:)

I remember you coming in that night!! Good thing you were on a real bike to get you thru that one....:whistling:

I remember you coming in that night!! Good thing you were on a real bike to get you thru that one....:whistling:

We all remember you walking into the KFC wherever the hell town we were in. You were on your blue one and seeing we had never really met anyone outside of Potato Creek, we said "I wonder if he's going to the rally?"

:sign20:

I'm in. Let's pick a time and do it. How about it Eddie? Weekends are certainly best for me.

After the Labor Day weekend. I am going that weekend to see my little grandson! Pretty much any weekend after that. I can ride down to your place and leave from there or we can meet someplace. We need to figure out a route. Do we as a small group want to go northeast, west, south? Matters not to me...........I just want to ride!!

We all remember you walking into the KFC wherever the hell town we were in. You were on your blue one and seeing we had never really met anyone outside of Potato Creek, we said "I wonder if he's going to the rally?"

:sign20:

My GPS was set for the shortest distance and thats the way it took us. I did get some **** for that route haha , but we ended up going to Helen instead of the Dragon again and that is a very cool town.

After the Labor Day weekend. I am going that weekend to see my little grandson! Pretty much any weekend after that. I can ride down to your place and leave from there or we can meet someplace. We need to figure out a route. Do we as a small group want to go northeast, west, south? Matters not to me...........I just want to ride!!

Im in , lets get it planned.

Weekend after labor day or the next week...doesn't matter to me. The route doesn't matter either but it just needs to be a route that we can make some good time on. I assume that we will do a round trip for this one? If not, we will be riding BACK 1500 miles also. That makes for a fairly tiring weekend. :) Some type of circle type trip would be nice if we could figure it out.

Im in , lets get it planned.[/

Eddie, I am in Hamburg, just north of Ann Arbor, south of Brighton. We can meet up someplace on I-75. I will look for possible routes for a 1500 mile circle. You guys do the same. We can compare and decide. I would think all highway is the best route. I also assume we will need to stop and get a few hours sleep to recharge. Don, either of those weekends works for me. How do they look for you Eddie?

Im in , lets get it planned.[/

Eddie, I am in Hamburg, just north of Ann Arbor, south of Brighton. We can meet up someplace on I-75. I will look for possible routes for a 1500 mile circle. You guys do the same. We can compare and decide. I would think all highway is the best route. I also assume we will need to stop and get a few hours sleep to recharge. Don, either of those weekends works for me. How do they look for you Eddie?

By the reflection of the sun. When you can't see that's Eddie....:whistling: