IGNORED

Saddle Sore 1000 started

Freebird

Hey..I have even more odds for you. I don't think I lost a single part off the Harley. I'll do a closer inspection this morning though. It actually did very well. Tried to run 75 MPH and was about to get about 42 MPG. Stopped and filled up at about 220 miles per tank.

I cut it close on the last one though. Thought I had enough gas to make it to Gainsville to fill up and document my final mileage. I made it but was sweating. It has a 6 gallon tank and I put 5.82 gallons of gas in it when I stopped.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, what are the odds. I was just inside the FL line when I stopped at the rest stop to decide where to find a hotel for the night. At that point, I was 10 miles short of my 1000 miles. Was talking to those two guys and mentioned that I had a Venture at home. He told me that a good friend of his had a Venture and used to go to some guys house in Ohio for a get together every year. :) Yes, he tried to call you while we were talking.

Thats just like when Lonna and I did our month long trip in '06 and were going to the 1st PIP in Minniesoda. We stalked a 2nd gen in Lusk Wyoming on our way to Susanville Ca and talked with them, parted way and did our trip.

Night before we arrived at Gary's place in Bemidji I came out from the hotel we stayed at packing the bike to finish getting there and here is this officer looking my bike over. I head over to him and ask if there was something wrong? He looked at me and says you dont recognize me do you? I looked at him funny and he said to me...."Lusk Wyoming" I just about fell over! the same guy we stalked is right there in front of me. He was a local cop in the town where we stayed and on Saturdays he and several of his sheriff buds have breakfast at the Perkins restaurant right next door to where we stayed the night....talk about odds :)

Yep...I've run into several members over the years by chance. It's pretty cool when it happens.

Well...I'm going to get in the shower and then on the road. Gotta get home and be back to work on Monday.

hmmmm......think I'll stop by Gainsville Harley and get a T-Shirt. Had to be SOME reason for coming here. :whistling:

Don, you laughed out loud at me when I said bring long Johns. Ok, I got the last LOL :rotf:

And maybe you read my PM too late. LOL When I say its a Four season ride, I mean it! :rotf: But I think thats what it's all about Welcome to the club! Its something you will never forget, The more you do, different stuff happens, And you get the Mile Eater award.

Funny stuff! LOL

First of all, I will ask that NONE of you ever again do a "no-rain" dance for me. You totally did it wrong. It rained HARD for 200 miles after I last checked in. I mean so hard that the cars had their emergency flashers on so that they wouldn't get rear-ended.

Overall though, the day went well. It was about 50 degrees when I left my house this morning. It was close to 350 miles before it got up to 60. I didn't dress for that and was completely chilled. Once the sun came up, it was nice though and never got much above 80 the entire trip. Light rain off and on and then as I said, HEAVY rain for the last couple hundred miles.

I checked into a hotel in Gainsville, FL around 9:00 pm. That was after about 18 1/2 hours and 1079 miles. I expected to do it a little quicker but traffic in Knoxville and then HEAVY traffic going through Atlanta slowed me down a bit.

Anyway, it is done. Witnesses on both ends and receipts for the entire trip so I should have no problem getting the certificate.

Of course if I do another 425 miles tomorrow by 2:30 pm, I can also get the bunburrner award. Don't know if I really care right this minute though.

I also get to finally color in Florida on my ride map. :)

Well, today will be the final leg of my little ride. When I woke up in Gainsville yesterday, it was raining. It never stopped raining for over 500 miles. Didn't make very good time and had expected to be closer to home today but I still have about 500 miles to go. Oh well....don't mind that but sure hope the rain slows down just a bit. Decided against swinging by Vogel because of the weather.

Back to work tomorrow.

Much better than stock but still not sure that they have enough pullback. They will have to do for now but I'm still not 100% pleased with them.

Road King/Road Glide bars Part# 56180-08 is the way to go in comfort. Pull-back 9.0" with 9.5" of rise. No more leaning toward the windshield.:)

Well, today will be the final leg of my little ride. When I woke up in Gainsville yesterday, it was raining. It never stopped raining for over 500 miles. Didn't make very good time and had expected to be closer to home today but I still have about 500 miles to go. Oh well....don't mind that but sure hope the rain slows down just a bit. Decided against swinging by Vogel because of the weather.

Back to work tomorrow.

Don, sorry to hear about all the Rain, but not my fault this time I quit doing the dance. Oh man, I forgot to undue the undue :whistling:, but you said No more Non-Rain Dances. But, your still riding, and with a smile on the face. Great going our Fearless Leader! Later-

P.S. my friend Dave mentioned he will try to ride with me down to Maintance Day.

Well I'm home. Got home around 4:30. Rained until around Lexington, KY but stayed cloudy. Then just before getting to Cincinnati, the sun came out fit the first time in two days and WOW, it felt GOOD. Total mileage was right at 2115. Not bad for a three day weekend.

Road King/Road Glide bars Part# 56180-08 is the way to go in comfort. Pull-back 9.0" with 9.5" of rise. No more leaning toward the windshield.:)

You told me that before. I should have listened to you. Now I'll end up changing them again. :(

Congrads Don thats a lot of riding buddy , the most I went was about 800 and something when you and I and Charlie left Vogel in 2005 or 2006 . I parked that Venture and didnt want to look at it for a week.

Come on Eddie, I don't want to leave TODAY...in fact...I'm getting ready to go out of town this morning on a business trip. I'm ready to go again though. Let's do a bunnburner.

Congrads Don thats a lot of riding buddy , the most I went was about 800 and something when you and I and Charlie left Vogel in 2005 or 2006 . I parked that Venture and didnt want to look at it for a week.

The 1st Vogel in '05....here are some pics of it

You told me that before. I should have listened to you. Now I'll end up changing them again. :(

Come on Eddie, I don't want to leave TODAY...in fact...I'm getting ready to go out of town this morning on a business trip. I'm ready to go again though. Let's do a bunnburner.

If you change them bars again I will buy those ones from you Don, I want to try them . We will have to plan a long run like that. I would like to get the bragging rights too.