IGNORED

W#@%$@ Dunlop 3 Back ordered again

midnightrider1300

Ok wife and I have a big ride coming up in latter part of September. I've ordered a new Dunlop E3 it was suppose to be shipped 08/09/13 now thy are saying 09/09/13... WTH is going on with Dunlop? Now I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go a different tire :(

I like the Michelin Commander II on the rear of my RSV, wish they made one for the front!

I also liked the Continental Milestone, except for the poor mileage. According to Continental, you can put them on either the front or the rear. I'm not a real aggressive rider, but for me the rear stuck well in the curves and grabbed really well on braking. I've not tried it on the front, but I didn't even get 10,000 miles out of the one I had on the rear. :(

Get em where you can, I spoke with a Dunlop rep about 2 wks ago and he told me they have none on the shelf and production for the E3 front tire isn't scheduled to start until Aug. 19:confused24:. If they had none on the shelf 2-3wks ago you think they would move that start date up and get some tires to their distributors.

Ordered E3 from J&P today, free shipping and lists them as in stock. Other places I only found the rear.

My order showed up today, I also got a no mar tire tool today. Dyna beads ordered and should be here soon. Now it's been a few years since I changed one but at 45 a tire, to change and balance a take off I'll rock it out.

Edited by dacheedah

Ordered E3 from J&P today, free shipping and lists them as in stock. Other places I only found the rear.

I mounted these with a no mar bar and I will say it made the job alot easier. I will make some slight modifications to my setup but I should have a few miles to do it in.

My order showed up today, I also got a no mar tire tool today. Dyna beads ordered and should be here soon. Now it's been a few years since I changed one but at 45 a tire, to change and balance a take off I'll rock it out.

Although I'm on record here for saying DynaBeads are a waste of money and they can't work, I've been proven wrong...

Went to Pickenfreds a week or so ago and somewhere in our conversation I mentioned I had carpal tunnel in my right wrist. My hand started going to sleep immediately after installing new "balanced" Dunlop3's between 50-60 mph. Before that, i had Dunlop 404's and no vibration what so ever.

He put 1 oz in the front tire and i can truthfully say my right hand hasn't gone to sleep since.

Also: The slight vibration in my left mirror at 72 mph has dissapeared as well.

I don't know how they work, but they do...