IGNORED

06 RSTD smashed headlight

I'm not familiar with the RSTD headlight. Is it like the RSV? A moulded into buck type deal? Bulb is inserted from behind? I'm guessing your lens got broke. There is a post where someone took the time to pull the glass off the bucket so they could install and aftermarket HID I think it was, on a second gen.

OK and presto here ya go.

Buddy,

Do you just have a busted head light or is the chrome housing smashed up? If it's just the 7" light, Kuryakyn offers a diamond cut replacement that will work well:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1539/Diamond-Cut-Ice-Smooth-Custom-Headlamps

But if you need the entire headlight housing, then I'd keep my eye on E-Bay or check with Pinwall Salvage.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Anyone have an aftermarket headlight solution for the 06 RSTD?? I can't see dropping 500 plus on the OEM. Thanks

We are glad you are ok to talk about it. These things can be repaired/ replaced, just look at all the 1st gens out there. Keep an eye on pinwall salvage, They usually have a fair stock of these bikes for the RSTD or the venture setup. Ebay is great resource. Best of luck.

Bill

Just found OEM headlight on ebay for $129. has slight rash on rim but overall great condition. Thanks for everyone's help. Wife having surgery this Friday to repair her knee from the accident, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.