IGNORED

Taller trunk lid

chag67

I used the search feature but came up empty.

I was wondering if there is a taller trunk lid. One that is just about 2 inches taller.

When I put two helmets or even just one helmet, it barely closes. If there is any papers or fabric under the helmet, the lid won't close unless forced.

The manual says that the trunk is large enough for 2 helmets but it is barely tall enough.

I've searched the Internet but it looks like I'm SOL on this. Hopefully I'm wrong and I've just missed something.

All 3 helmets that I own have a small vent on top of the helmet that adds a little bit more height to the helmet. When I place the helmet or helmets in the trunk, they create a small bow in the trunk lid. I can close the lid to where it locks but I can see the sides are slightly bowed and not flush.

Well, two full face shoei's fit. But I thought the same thing... If someone would come up with a larger lid or even a neutral colored space to fit between the current lid and trunk lid..... they would sell a lot of them.

My last trunk was an HD trunk, they have us beat there!

But I like the aerodynamics of our fairing and trunk.

My full face Shoei Neotec "fits" with the smallest bulge and with nothing but the foam padding in the trunk underneath it. It also has to be directly in the center. If I put another helmet in there with the Shoei, I'm getting a very big separation on the sides.

The Neotec has that vent piece on the top though.

Looking at the transition from the lip/seal area to where it rounds up, I see the possibility. I'm not that kind of a body man by any means of the imagination. I do think though with the right nowledge and tools you could wizz wheel along thae said edge and install say a 1" to maybe as much a 2-2.5" strip and "lift" the round part up. However I think unless your going to do it yourself its going to be an expensive mod.

OK on 3rd cup of coffee and had time. lol Anyways check out Tsukayu This trunk measures 22w x 18l x 13h. A bit narrower but its like 1.5" taller. Has simular shape and might fit your bill. I looked at Mutazu and dont recall anything as big there unless you go with the square "HD" style.