IGNORED

nitros

tbrdb0b

I saw a few here but do not know the owners. I see no reason why not. There are 2 RSV I have seen with turbos and they had some problems with getting them set up, don't know if they ever got them right. Rod

• 2 years later...
lets face it people, If you bought a Venture, with the thought of a touring ride, and even question Nitros. :no-no-no: your on the wrong bike

I guess I want one for the 'shock value' more than anything. Even thought about buying one of those imitation ones that I've seen on Lawn Mowers, etc...

I would never put Nitros on any of my vehicles, I believe it is too much stress on a very expensive vehicle.

I was just curious.

craigr

Yup, you need a 1200 cc 1st gen. :stirthepot:

Or at least, do something about the 2nd gen rev limiter...... :mo money:

ummm...yeah. 1st or 2nd gen....it still ain't a fast bike. Who cares if one big, slow touring bike can outrun another big, slow touring bike? If you want to go fast buy a fast bike.

ummm...yeah. 1st or 2nd gen....it still ain't a fast bike. Who cares if one big, slow touring bike can outrun another big, slow touring bike? If you want to go fast buy a fast bike.

I hate to burst your bubble but I have outrun a busa on a 1300 and regularly show the local crotch rocket riders that a 1200 83 model will eat a crotch rocket for breakfast and spit it out.

The top speed is not the question overall it is the riders balls to take a 26 year old 863 pound bike up to 148 mph and stay there when going around the blue lights.

Yes I was thinking about adding notros to one of my 83s just for fun.

Jeff

I hate to burst your bubble but I have outrun a busa on a 1300 and regularly show the local crotch rocket riders that a 1200 83 model will eat a crotch rocket for breakfast and spit it out.

The top speed is not the question overall it is the riders balls to take a 26 year old 863 pound bike up to 148 mph and stay there when going around the blue lights.

Yes I was thinking about adding notros to one of my 83s just for fun.

Jeff

Right.

Not up to the task !

Now, a Honda ST-1300, I believe they are about 130 HP stock, and the bike is made to handle it.

Owneing a Venture, and a Busa, believe me folks, there is a big difference in the frame's and suspension, steering, brakes, etc etc. Don't do it !!!

Right.

Just wondering, do you know how fast a Busa can go? ( assumeing its runnig right )

Lets see? 800 lb and 97 HP, against 500lb. and 174 HP, I think maby the guy you were raceing,

was a little off his game the day you raced him.

Also: I do have one of each in my garage, there is NO comparison. Unless you have a turbo on your Venture.

Just wondering, do you know how fast a Busa can go? ( assumeing its runnig right )

Lets see? 800 lb and 97 HP, against 500lb. and 174 HP, I think maby the guy you were raceing,

was a little off his game the day you raced him.

Also: I do have one of each in my garage, there is NO comparison. Unless you have a turbo on your Venture.

Thank you George.

Have either of you guys rode with Muffinman. I have and I was in a cage at the time. I know for a fact he has the balls. If you dont believe him just take that BUsa of yours and find out for yourself.

Now that being said I have been on a busa recently and I have to say I dont have the balls to run either one to their limits.

David

Have either of you guys rode with Muffinman. I have and I was in a cage at the time. I know for a fact he has the balls. If you dont believe him just take that BUsa of yours and find out for yourself.

Now that being said I have been on a busa recently and I have to say I dont have the balls to run either one to their limits.

David

Balls aren't in question. I merely said that these bikes aren't that fast. A 'busa can eat a Venture without even breathing hard. There's always someone with bigger balls but bike for bike there's no comparison.

Guest seuadr
Balls aren't in question. I merely said that these bikes aren't that fast. A 'busa can eat a Venture without even breathing hard. There's always someone with bigger balls but bike for bike there's no comparison.

while this is true, i believe the point is being made that, a bike that has the ability to run low 9's high 8's in a quarter doesn't mean that every squid has the ability :p

i've dropped alot of much newer bikes off the line with my 82 suzuki, doesn't mean it's a superior bike, but those guys didn't know how to do anything but wheelies and stoppies :hihi: