IGNORED

The next international rally

eusa1

A group of us put Cody together both in '2009 and 2011, and LoneEagle and I have have been trading email about doing a 3 day Venture West somewhere up in Washington, or down in Southern Utah, seeing as how the International always seems to end up east of the Mississippi. Dave Harris has been talking up SoUtah for years now. The only problem would be the time of the year due to extreme heat the middle of the summer. So stay tuned. We'll start a new thread once some decisions are made...

Cool beans...

I was at the Cody international in 11. Remember it well. The temps getting there, were in the high 90's-100's. Once there though it was very comfortable. Enjoyed every moment of it with you, Black Owl, Tom, Ponch, Bubber, Redneck... and on and on.Great Rally

To be fair, it's a five day ride to get to Washington state from the east coast..

That's 5 out, 5 at the rally and 5 back at a minimum(assuming 500 mile days). For most that's un-do-able for all but the really hardcore amongst us.

Most... people that have to work, only get three weeks max vacation...

Would also love to see the Grand Canyon... but imagine that's pretty hot as well..

If it's in the south, it almost has to be some time other than summer. To durn hot!

That's why I was hoping someone would step up to do it in a central location like Colorado.

easily assessable to all and the weather in the passes is nice and COOL.....

Moot subject now...

I'd be interested in a ride(s) like that though and will be following it closely...:fingers-crossed-emo

Vail,CO is 1500 mi. from my back door and I'd be there in a heartbeat if that were a destination...

Edited by CaptainJoe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin,

If we call it Kentucky for next year and you want some additional help, I'll be glad to help you on the committee if you would like.

BTW...

To whoever ends up hosting this next rally, my offer to Kevin rings to anyone that wants help. If you want me on the committee, I'll be happy to help y'all.

Cool beans...

I was at the Cody international in 11. Remember it well. The temps getting there, were in the high 90's-100's. Once there though it was very comfortable. Enjoyed every moment of it with you, Black Owl, Tom, Ponch, Bubber, Redneck... and on and on.Great Rally

To be fair, it's a five day ride to get to Washington state from the east coast..

That's 5 out, 5 at the rally and 5 back at a minimum(assuming 500 mile days). For most that's un-do-able for all but the really hardcore amongst us.

Most... people that have to work, only get three weeks max vacation...

Would also love to see the Grand Canyon... but imagine that's pretty hot as well..

If it's in the south, it almost has to be some time other than summer. To durn hot!

That's why I was hoping someone would step up to do it in a central location like Colorado.

easily assessable to all and the weather in the passes is nice and COOL.....

Moot subject now...

I'd be interested in a ride(s) like that though and will be following it closely...:fingers-crossed-emo

Vail,CO is 1500 mi. from my back door and I'd be there in a heartbeat if that were a destination...

The Venture West wouldn't be a national affair. Just something that west coasters could attend. However that said we wouldn't turn down any east coast masochist that would want to drop by and rub elbows. A 10 day RT is one of the reasons, besides that there ain't that many of us, you won't see many of us at an Eastern IR.

It won't be anywhere near what we had in Cody, but more low keyed and still have fun.

I really enjoyed the Ft Collins in '07. It was my first ever Rally, and it was about 1350 miles one way. If it's in Washington it's half that. Even SoUtah would be under 700 for me, but would make it a heck of a ride for those in the North West. So the aim is to find a place with good riding, a good lodging value, good eats, and fairly centrally located along the pacific coast.

Anything in Colorado would have to be a National Rally...

Like I said, stay tuned.... :)

The Venture West wouldn't be a national affair. Just something that west coasters could attend. However that said we wouldn't turn down any east coast masochist that would want to drop by and rub elbows. A 10 day RT is one of the reasons, besides that there ain't that many of us, you won't see many of us at an Eastern IR.

It won't be anywhere near what we had in Cody, but more low keyed and still have fun.

I really enjoyed the Ft Collins in '07. It was my first ever Rally, and it was about 1350 miles one way. If it's in Washington it's half that. Even SoUtah would be under 700 for me, but would make it a heck of a ride for those in the North West. So the aim is to find a place with good riding, a good lodging value, good eats, and fairly centrally located along the pacific coast.

Anything in Colorado would have to be a National Rally...

Like I said, stay tuned.... :)

It's a possibility...

Was going to ride to Seattle, WA with my brother-in-law to see his son this past June and it kept getting delayed.

Will most likely do it around middle of next June...

probably do Whidbey Island and on way back, riding south in the Rocky mtns.

I wonder if we can do another poll. If we were to have an international in Canada ....how many folks would be willing to come north of the border?

It is my limited experience that a LOT of Americans just don't want to cross the border.

I wonder if we can do another poll. If we were to have an international in Canada ....how many folks would be willing to come north of the border?

It is my limited experience that a LOT of Americans just don't want to cross the border.

After I left this years rally my friends and I went around the north shore of Lake Superior. The Canadians were a great bunch and turned us on to great places to stay and excellent food. It was more expensive than the states but I would go back especially for an IR.

We could have it in your neck of the woods! And for fun we could tie people to trees and dose them in honey and see who attracts the biggest bear!!!!:backinmyday:

:mytruck1:

Steve,

The '08 International WAS in Canada, in Kitchener Ontario. It was hosted by Reiney Rooster, Marcarl, Brick, HalRSV99, BradT and several other's. There was plenty of Americans that came across the border, New York, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Missouri, just to name a few of the states members came from to the rally.

This really is all about someone stepping up to the plate and saying YES, I will host it here. There has never been a specific committee that decides when and where it will be, it's all volunteer. I have rode some beautiful roads in Canada while we were living in Michigan. The Muskokas are one of the best rides I have done anywhere in North America, it's beautiful. I think it was 2 years ago that some of the West coast Canadians did a mini rally in the Kootenays (sp) and it was a hit. If you or any other Canadian wants to host another International, step up and say, "Hey I'll do it" and we'll give it the same consideration as whats going on now between KY and AL.....:2cents:

I'm ok with goin any direction, for us a two day ride is our range. Love visitin other places, eatin their food, drinkin their drinks and laughin. Do they have dime store pony's up there? just gotta ask

I'm up for one in Ontario,,,,, but,,,, need to find a place where everybody is TOGETHER and is affordable,,,, I'd even do it on my own,,, but then I like those sort of things, and my wife is a big help. I would need volunteers to help put, run & find rides etc, and there would be no draws or prizes. It would be organized for us to socialize and enjoy each others company. And oh yes,,, the food has to be excellant!!!!!

there would be no draws or prizes. It would be organized for us to socialize and enjoy each others company. And oh yes,,, the food has to be excellant!!!!!

:thumbsup2:

Suggest a little butcher shop could supply the beef as it has always been excellent...

Brad

Here's another thing that some might not be thinking about. There are a couple mini rallys that are held every year. The Western NY gang does one at Pioneer Motorsports, Dragon Rider does Vogel down in Blairsville GA.

If someone wants to do a mini rally without all the hoopla (and headaches) of the International then do that. You dont have to ride all over the place, this is really about folks coming together and sharing some time with eachother. I like the rides, but I love to interact and mingle with old friends and make new ones....:2cents:

The Hub in Arkansas is a good semi-central spot. (If you're east of the Rockies)

Annie the Mascot votes for that.

I agree. The Hub in Harrison, AR is in the Central U.S. and there are many great roads in Arkansas to ride and the people that own the Hub are just great.

Here's another thing that some might not be thinking about. There are a couple mini rallys that are held every year. The Western NY gang does one at Pioneer Motorsports, Dragon Rider does Vogel down in Blairsville GA.

If someone wants to do a mini rally without all the hoopla (and headaches) of the International then do that. You dont have to ride all over the place, this is really about folks coming together and sharing some time with eachother. I like the rides, but I love to interact and mingle with old friends and make new ones....

:2cents:

HEY! What are we here in Minnesoda? Chopped liver? Not one mention of the Pork in the Pines..... Here we are once again just fly over land.

:mytruck1:

If someone wants to do a mini rally without all the hoopla (and headaches) of the International then do that. You dont have to ride all over the place, this is really about folks coming together and sharing some time with eachother. I like the rides, but I love to interact and mingle with old friends and make new ones....

:2cents:

Totally agree. I think for some of us...after riding so far to get there, we like to have the first day to rest and hang out with friends & make new ones. Once you have some time to rest up, then go on some rides & see other things. It's mostly about the time spent with great friends. Kinda wears you down to ride there, ride all over every day, then ride back home again.

Totally agree. I think for some of us...after riding so far to get there, we like to have the first day to rest and hang out with friends & make new ones. Once you have some time to rest up, then go on some rides & see other things. It's mostly about the time spent with great friends. Kinda wears you down to ride there, ride all over every day, then ride back home again.

I think you have a great point in the "worn out the first day from riding"...

Probably would be a good idea to save the best ride/destination for the last day of the rally and to limit the rides to under 300 miles total

Ok, I see my post about the Paris Landing area has all been deleted. I'll just keep my mouth shut then.

Ok ?? Where and when was that??

I'm very interested in the Paris Landing area!!

Do tell??? Whatcha thinkin??:confused24: