IGNORED

The next international rally

eusa1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta watch moving it to the middle of August. We talked about that in Galena and had a number of folks there who work in the school system and may be back at work by then.

Yup,

Kevins (dacheedah)wife had to be back Thursday as school started last Friday. To top it off, the school doesn't have air conditioning. :eek:

Kevin(akrefugee), ask if they give a Harley discount... Hey, it worked for me Sunday...:confused24:

Edited by CaptainJoe

I would be happy with Kentucky and will help there as well. At a minimum, I will do trailer raffle ticket sales again, as well as other things I can help with like paperwork and accounting duties.

That's Cupcake and me volunteering so far. I would have thought the Department of the Navy would have cured our volunteering for this lifetime though.

:sign isnt that spec

Gary

Kevin,

If we call it Kentucky for next year and you want some additional help, I'll be glad to help you on the committee if you would like.

Kevin,

Don't pass up anyones offer to help!

Experience is a HUGE plus!

you will only get 1 real helper for every 5 that hold their hand up,...take them all!

Mike

Talked to the management for Gunthersville state park Lodge. I have a full agenda for four days of places to go, things to do. Clubs rates . Full bancque rooms, two bars, it has camping on the lake, boat and jet ski rentals, fishing, cave tours, winery's . The management said they have a bikers package. The guy rides a bike as well

OK...looks like we have two firm possibilities for 2014.

Eddyville, KY or somewhere in that area.

Gunthersville, AL

I've been to both of those areas and both are fantastic. So...should I start a poll or just make an executive decision. :)

I actually lean more towards the Gunthersville idea because it sounds like the facility has everything we need. Rooms, restaurant, bars, etc.

Not confirmed just saying I'll do it and my thoughts. Already found a place in Eddyville KY that can accommodate us with cabins, RV spots and camping spots. They have had other MC meets there as well as other groups. Like I said I will work it if others are ok with it.

Long Tall here in Lynchburg, VA.....I lived in Shelbyville, KY for 27 years. I traveled the state for most of that 27. I know it well. Great area anywhere in the state.

PS....I arrived safely from the Galena Rally this evening at 6:15 PM..

Had a great time. 2571 miles.

:thumbdown:Work tomorrow...

Gunthersville, AL

I've been to both of those areas and both are fantastic. So...should I start a poll or just make an executive decision. :)

I actually lean more towards the Gunthersville idea because it sounds like the facility has everything we need. Rooms, restaurant, bars, etc.

Isn't it Guntersville, not Gunthersville?

Gunthersville, AL

Those places sound OK but don't forget WV. Easy rider put his hand up also.

Sorry, I just went back and looked and Easy Rider did mention West Virginia. I thought he meant year after next but see where he later offered to do it next year. I think though that we'll stick with the two other choices for next year and them maybe WV the following year.

Don,

That's correct I did make the offer for 2015 but when no one else was stepping up, put WV in for 2014.

Now that Brake pad and AKRefugee has stepped up, it will not only give our members a choice, but hopefully, allow some of our western members the chance to attend an IR.

It's all good...:thumbsup2:

Edited by CaptainJoe

Just checked out Guntersville state park lodge online. Very nice location and it does have everything, including camping for those who are on a budget. Rates are a bit high for the hotel in July. About $440.00 for 4 days without a discount. Camp sites are $17.00 non hook up.

For those that wanted to see something out west...

Someone has to step up to make that happen...

Or it isn't...:stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

A group of us put Cody together both in '2009 and 2011, and LoneEagle and I have have been trading email about doing a 3 day Venture West somewhere up in Washington, or down in Southern Utah, seeing as how the International always seems to end up east of the Mississippi. Dave Harris has been talking up SoUtah for years now. The only problem would be the time of the year due to extreme heat the middle of the summer. So stay tuned. We'll start a new thread once some decisions are made...