IGNORED

Rally, 5 More Days

Rick Haywood

Almost here folks. Wanted to thank everyone who has registered and is planning on coming. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away. If you need help while you are at the rally we will be there to help out as much as we can. The committee members will all be wearing the same color shirts so you will be able to pick us out. The color will change everyday. I do have numbers for taxi service in case people want to go to Galena but don't want to ride or plan on drinking. The staff at Chestnut Mountain as been very helpful and said if you need anything, have any questions about the resort or surrounding area please feel free to ask them and they will help in any way they can.

Don't forget to sign up for any or all rides if you plan on going (Sunday signup)

Everyone please be safe and have a great ride over and we will see you all Sunday.

I don't have a rack on the trunk of my RSV. Any problems strapping a duffle bag on top of the trunk with bungee cords? I'm confident the bag won't slip off but wondering if I should be concerned about cracking the top of the trunk. :fingers-crossed-emo

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't get to heavy. I have a rack and have had 10-12 pounds up there with no problems yet.

Rick I am not sure if I will make it to the rally or not.I discovered that my ZUMO 665 had been stolen today about 3:00 PM and not sure if I can replace it in time but going to try.

get a paper road map and fold it over when you get to the folds.

REALLY?

I don't have a rack on the trunk of my RSV. Any problems strapping a duffle bag on top of the trunk with bungee cords? I'm confident the bag won't slip off but wondering if I should be concerned about cracking the top of the trunk. :fingers-crossed-emo

I would wrap it in something soft like a towel but cracking shouldn't be an issue

Leaving Friday AM and hooking up with ("ANGRYJOE", Mike Douglas and wife) in Richmond, IN. Already able to meet someone new and have a riding partner for Saturday travels. A couple years ago wife and I did a trip to the Black Hills and I posted a daily BLOG for the trip. I think I'll do the same here for anyone that is interested. Will try a post pics of the daily rides and events during the rally: Go Here: http://www.lynchburgtogalena.blogspot.com

Note: Donna's packed and ready to ride.... Pic is from last September when we spent 8 days in NC riding.

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

Edited by Long Tall

Rick I am not sure if I will make it to the rally or not.I discovered that my ZUMO 665 had been stolen today about 3:00 PM and not sure if I can replace it in time but going to try.

Paper Map AND/OR GPS App on your smart phone. I have one for backup to my GPS.:whistling:

:mytruck1:

Ya Know how to READ a map?????????------the original GPS:fiddle::fiddle::sign outstanding::group cheers::usa::usa: