IGNORED

The media always checks their facts before they run a story

dacheedah

You know, the media ALWAYS checks their facts before they run a story, right??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsg7PgrXYlA&feature=player_embedded]Ho Lee Fuk: San Francisco TV Station Pranked Into Reporting Fabricated Names Of Asiana Pilots - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, was just reading that this morning.

Sounds like the airline is already firing up for a lawsuit against the station.

I love a good prank but what cracks me up is when it takes so long for the other party to get the joke.

There's not fact checking, and then there's ... not even using your brain. A newscast on Bay Area Fox affiliate KTVU apparently fell for a (racist and offensive) joke, incorrectly reporting that the pilots of the plane that crashed at San Francisco airport were named "Sum Ting Wong," "Ho Lee Fuk," "Bang Ding Ow," and "Wi Tu Lo,"SF Weekly reports.

The network later apologized, but said an NTSB official in Washington had "confirmed" them. It wasn't exactly an official. Per the NTSB: "Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft." The kicker, as Mediabistro notes, is that KTVU had just been boasting about its "100% accurate" coverage of the disaster earlier this week.

I would have expected such for smaller abc/nbc/cbs or cnn but FOX News?

Say it ain't so... even though it was just an affiliate and a small one at that...

As far the intern is concerned, I agree... How could he pass up, on a stupid question like that?...

What really surprises me the most about this investigation is that the foreign pilots DIDN'T HAVE TO TAKE A DRUG TEST.!!!!!!

Our the FAA should change that stupid loophole yesterday...

Edited by CaptainJoe