IGNORED

What I like about my bike is...

Bubbajbi

Saw this on another forum for trucks and thought it might be fun. Post your favorite thing about your bike and try not to repeat what anyone else has said. So, here goes...

What I like about my bike is this...

Today being a beautiful and sunny day, everyone and their mom was out riding. What did I see ALL DAY LONG? Harleys! Lots and lots of Harleys! I have nothing against them but they begin to all look the same. I probably saw 200 bikes today and 194 of them were Harleys. These guys spend THOUSANDS on their bikes trying to get that "one-of-a-kind" look and they end up seeing 10 other people on their street with the same bike. I did not see ONE OTHER Venture today. That makes my bike (purchased for just $5,600) more custom than all the $20k and $30k bikes I saw today.

And THAT is what I like (or even love) about my bike.:173:

What I like about my bike is . . .

there is only one other RSV within 200kms of my home town.

A mate bought a 2007 about 8 months ago and I haven't seen him or it since. I believe he and his wife are too busy riding aroung Oz.

What I also like about my bike is the VIN.

It ends with 00058.

What does that tell you?:cool10:

I like my bike because it's big, comfortable, plenty of leg room, good looking and does not look like every other bike on the road. Great seat. Wife loves the rear seat!!! Every HD person that I have been able to get them to sit on it, they remark how good it is to sit on. Most however, won't even sit on it because its not a HD. Go figure,especially after I sit on theirs.

tew47

What I like about my First Gen......

Paid for

40+ mpg

Faster than I want to go

Comfortable even 2 up

Fairly rare

This site and folks who ride them are the icing on the cake!

What do I like about my Royal Star Tour Classic II 1998 and why did I fall in love with this bike?

I thought it was the vintage look design, but somehow knew that it was not quite that and have been wondering what it was.

Just could not pinpoint it. But now it suddenly hit me!

There are so many shapes in the bike that are to be found in the old VW Beetle. My father (God rest his good soul:2133:) had a VW Beetle through my childhood and through my highschool years. Tought me to drive when I was 12 and my first car was a Beetle. I always liked the whitewall tires and the oval and round shapes.

After I discovered this I went on a trip down memory lane and am feeling a little sad now missing my father and his old Beetle. But his memory lives and that is where I seek my comfort. Also know that he would have loved the Royal Star. His kind of forms and shapes.

I bought my '86 VR without ever having riden or even sat on one, or any other bike in 20 years. I bought it because it was Yamaha and I run the SHO Car club with Yamaha engines and like the looks and good reviews, and the Yamaha connection.

When a friend of mine delivered it from 1/2 way across the country, it needed a little more work than I was led to believe, but not bad, but what I REALLY loved about the bike was from the first moment sitting on it I felt like I was home. It fit, it looked right, it sounded right, and now 3000 miles and 5 months later, I am still in major love with this bike.

Worst problem? If I ever need to replace it, there isn't anything out there that is as good looking, with the features I like. Just hoping the next Venture isn't a Harley look-alike and they go back to more of the look of my Gen I!

:080402gudl_prv:

I liked the Venture the first time I saw it in a show room in 199?, it was a champagne/softgreen. I remember thinking "When I am ready I will change my Vulcan 800A for this bike". Each year I kept looking on line and in show rooms for the new colors. Not wanting black I was disappointed with the colors white, silver, ect. ect. I was also saddened thinking that I would be ready to trade up and not have a Venture for me. Then one day I looked on line and the 2006 Black cherry was there. one look that is all it took. I could not understand why I was drawn to the bike, was it the flowing lines?, the color?, the dash?, the old looking classic speedo?, the burl looking inner fairing?, the fact that it is a V-4?. NO it was all of the above and the Majestic simple understated ELEGANCE (unlike the loud in your face Harleys). But I have seen it once before, where? Thanks to flugur reply I searched and found the answer, here is my bike

http://www.motorcycleconnect.com/Yamaha/2006/Royal_Star/Royal_Star_Venture/Royal_Star_Venture_1.jpg

And here is the 1937 Talbot-Lago

http://www.webbwax.com/vehPics/gallery/GTDrop.JPG

what a fantastic thread. I'll be following it closely.

I got my black cherry 08 RSV 8 days ago. I got to watch the dealer do the final assembly on it... almost like seeing your child be born. Well, sort of. Being such a new owner, I'm still finding reasons I like it. By the way, I test drove a HD touring model, fully expecting I would fall in love with it. Much to my surprise, I did not. But I wasn't too disappointed. That extra 9 grand I didn't have to spend will buy lots of toys for the toy runs and diapers and food for the other fund raisers our club does.

This is the first bike of this type I've owned, so i'm blown away by the comfort and the features (intercom, cb, fm, etc.).

But what i like most about it is this. when my wife started warming up to the idea of riding two up, we realized she needed some better accommodations back there. We traded up for the RSV, and it is fantastic. So now i get to share this passion/hobby/sport/diversion/"nerve pill" with my very best friend.

Thank you all for sharing. Ride Safe!!!!

papa smurf

Guest tx2sturgis

Shaft drive, 98 horses, and water cooling....main reason I switched.

Hey, I still have my air-cooled, belt-drive Ultra...but the Venture pulls my trailer effortlessly.