You waited now it's here Rally Schedule For Galena

Rick Haywood

:thumbsup2:

Venture 2 Galena

2013 International Rally Itinerary

Sunday - July 28, 2013

Registration at main lobby entrance 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm

Meet and Greet will start in the Parking Lot with a

Hot Dog/ Hamburger cash cart with cold beverages from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm and will migrate to the Banquet room on the lower level of the resort with a cash bar

There will be a rider meeting at 8:00 pm

Monday – July 29, 2013

Breakfast 7:00 am at the resort…….open to the public

Registration at the main lobby entrance for people not yet registered 7:45am-8:45am

Rider meeting in the parking lot at 8:30 am

Kickstands up at 9:00 am sharp! Trikes be ready also!

To start our ride out we are stopping in Anamosa IA at JP cycles Motorcycle Museum Hall of Fame, following that we are having lunch at 12:30 pm at Scooter’s Bar & Grill, then to JP Cycles Motorcycle Accessories Store. Then off to the famous “Field of Dreams” (don’t forget your camera’s) then return to the resort. Dinner arrangements are self service on this day as several members plan to eat at the resort or their camp sites or take in one of the local restaurants.

Starting at 7:30 pm a bonfire will be provided on the north point of the resort property with a beautiful view of the Mississippi River Valley.

Tuesday – July 30, 2013

Registration at the main lobby entrance for people not yet registered 7:45am-8:45am

Kickstands up at 9:00 am sharp! Trike's be ready also!

Heading to Prairie Du Chein WI on the great river road north this morning, then crossing over into Iowa at Pikes Peak State Park where you will have a view of the Wisconsin River meeting the mighty Mississippi. We will then travel the great river road south to Breitbach’s Country Dinning for a fabulous lunch and more breath taking scenery. Then returning to the resort.

Dinner arrangements are self service on this day as several members plan to eat at the resort or their camp sites or take in one of the local restaurants.

Wednesday – July 31, 2013

Kickstands up at 9:00 am sharp! Trikes be ready also!

We are riding to Antique Archaeology in Le Claire IA home of the American Pickers today!!!! Followed by lunch at Sneaky Pete’s

Afterwards we will stop at Poopy’s bar & Grill Novelty Store and returning to the resort.

At 6:30pm this evening we will be having our banquet meal. This meal is included in your registration package. Located in the lower banquet room.

To be followed by door prizes and auction items and a cash bar.

Thursday- August 1, 2013

Breakfast at 8:00 am ……..open to the public

Meeting in the parking lot we will be offering a few choices of rides and directions this day as several members will be checking out and heading home so plans will be made depending on attendance and interest.

Committee members will be available through the weekend for anyone wishing to extend their stay. All plans for Thursday and beyond will be seat of the pants.

Thank you for your interest in this great event.

Your 2013 Rally Committee

Edited by Rick Haywood

Very nice, I will take this opportunity in advance to thank the committee for their hard work.

Ya know ...

Back in the day...

The first one to do something like this...

would have been referred to as a "SuckUp"

:rotfl::rotf:

Now it would seem, everyone wanted to be first?:confused24:

Seriously though, I know a lot of hard work goes into organizing one of these get togethers and wish to thank each and every person connected to this worthwhile event...

Looks like a great three days of riding. Looking forward to it!

As I had posted previously, my wife is from Platteville, WI. (30 miles north of Galena) and I know this part of the country well. With that said.....

I KNOW there's a Cabela's in Prairie Du Chen...Just saying.... :smile5:

Just kidding....Great rides committee.. :clap2::thumbsup2:

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA

Looks great! Wish we didn't have Vacation Bible School scheduled for that week! Maybe I can ride up to Anamosa on Monday, do lunch and be back in Newton in time. Our daughter is the manager at Walmart in Galena so if you shop there her name will be on your receipt: Melissa. Have a great time!